Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Hi-Lo Question/

Brent_Baumer

The 7010 Landlord I just got has the 3 speed tranny. Previous posts talk about the hi-lo option on old broadmoors and the six speed tranny being a 3 speed w/ hi-lo. I see there is a manual now on ebay for the six speed tranny on the 7000 series landlords. Question - Is it possible to add the hi-lo to my 3 speed 7010 assuming I could find the parts? Would it be a major undertaking? Thanks, Brent P.S. I've posted a practically free ($3 + shipping) manual for the 3400 series tractors on the for sale pages and am surprised that there are no takers. Make me an offer. Also have Vickers tranny manual I will scan and e-mail for free if anyone is interested. Brent

Brent, the easiest way to add the 6-speed is to take the whole rearend including the BGB and attach to your 7010. There is alot of work to convert (I don't know if you can make the side irons work?) without having a 6-speed to copy the cut-outs. Good Luck! Mike S.

I concur with Mike on this. I have tried what you are proposing. Its much easier if the BVG is good to just unbolt the rear half of the tractor( at the bvg) from the frame and swap that way. All you are working with is the 2 seat deck bolts. control linkages, safety wires and the 4 bvg(bevel Gear box) bolts. Sam