Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

60" Simplicity deck on a Kubota?

Les

I just had a wild thought. As we all know, Simplicity makes the best mower decks in the world, bar none!!! Is it possible to mount a 60" Sunstar deck on a Kubota B7100? I have a Kubota front PTO and a deck. The deck is in lousy shape, and looks like a lousy deck, one big mower blade in the middle and two smaller ones on the outside.

Les anything is possible with a torch, stick welder and a 12 pack. All kidding aside I bet you could make it work. A woods belly mower might be an option also.

Hey Les, if you it works out you will have the best machine ever! The cutting quality of a Simplicity, with the power of a Kubota! Hey, give me a call sometime, I need to talk with you about the sickle mower, lost your phone number. Thanks,-BradW

The main difference is the Sunstar deck is driven from the front and the Kubota deck from the rear. If you could adapt the Kubota gear box with its PTO shaft onto the Sim deck you might have something. Before you start make sure the rotations work out or you may spinning the blades backwards. Good Luck! Mike S.