Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

getting a 717 as part of a pkg. buy

JimV

I have never replaced any parts but I have had to free the pivots up before. Usually takes a torch to heat it up and then keep working at it. Not much fun. The worst part is tryng to hold one end of the tractor while you try to work the other end free.

Hi Sam, this one is free, he says there is alot of slop in it . so I assume it would have to be replaced. Keep in mind I haven't seen the 717 in about a year, so I haven't looked at it closely.

Hi Jim, Had my 717 for years and love it. It's a fine, yet simple tractor to work on ... when you can get parts. But thanks to the A-C x-ref page I have been able to find those parts that for whatever reason was discontinued by Simplicity, yet still carried by A-C (Thx Bill @ Sandy Lake). I use the Chilton tractor manual as my reference on the 717. Sam is right about a little heat, with WD40/CRC56 works wonders!

Is this a center pivot tractor??like the Stiener??If so my want list just grew.....MPH Could someone post a pic please, can't find a 717 in the gallery...thanks

For pix, look in '66/67 catalogue in the Simplicity file. Nice pix + a cross section that when converted to bitmap makes a nice wallpaper! VE.

Hi Guys ,I am getting a 717 in a pkg. deal that includes a 3212 with a new tranny and a blown motor and another parts tractor. The 717 has a pivot type frame, has anyone had to change the center bushing on them if so how hard is it.I haven't looked at the 717 yet but I thought it would be a good 1st tractor for my kids. I really want to put a new motor in the 3212 also.

I have had the rear end of a 717 off before. It dosen't take too much time. You have to take the seat, fender, wheels, a belt, and brakes off. Their is a slot on the rear end and a little metal finger on the tractor. What that dose is just keeps th rear end from piviting too much. It is not connected to ay thing. Their is also a clam holding the pivit bar of the rear end, you just have to take the clamp off and take the weight off the bar and oil and bang the other end of the bar. Paul Cavallaro Jr.

MPH, Go to Homepage, hit search, type 717 (or Broadmoor), and search thru the hits. If still can't find, e-mail me and I'll send you pix. Van

Thanks Van, that was a road I didn't try. Can't tell much about pivoting rear end in the pics, they look like regular tractors, guess I'll be curios til I make a trip to the lower 48 and look some you guys up. thanks again...MPH