Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Need a couple of favors

SmilinSam

I need a clear picture or line drawing showing how a snowblower mounts up to a Allis 300/400 series. I also need a picture or line drawing showing the hitch part for a Snowblower that fits to the 7100 series and newer with the long belt to the center pto. Would like the measurements for the idler pulley and tab, and locations on the hitch. I want to change a change a 7000 series blower to this newer type. Any and all help appreciated and returned, Thanks, SmilinSam

Sam, A couple of considerations on the 7000/7100 switch: 1) The 7100 is longer from the PTO to the axle, so the 147" belt will be too long on a 7000. You will have to add extensions to the hitch or get a shorter belt. 2) The 7100 has an "ear" on the PTO to relocate the idler pulley. You will need the 7100 idler shaft, or you will have to weld on an ear. There is a discussion about this at the link below.[A href='http://www.simpletractors.com/do_it/snowthrower_hitch.htm']http://www.simpletractors.com/do_it/snowthrower_hitch.htm[/a]

Sam, Don't know answer but, It sounds like Dutch does. Did you ever get that B207E home? I get out your way once in while might be interested in taking a look at it, if you might be interested in selling it. Marion Kerr

Dutch, I am planning on using this on a 7100 series. The blower I have is off a 7000 series and I do not have the clutch assembly, so I figured why not remake the hitch on this blower like the one for the 7100's and just get a long belt. then I would not need the clutch. I have read all about your hybrid hitch and it is a grand idea, as it eliminates the need for the front clutch also on the older tractors. Les has offered to let me have his hitch for a while to copy it, and I think I will take him up on it. Marion, You must not have recieved the e-mail I sent you. I no sooner got that home than a friend who was picking up other things I sold him offered me a good price for it so I sold it. If you are looking for one of these I can give you the first buzz when I get another if you like. This one was no great prize anyhow. Sam

Sam, You will find that the 7100 style long belt hitch frames have the crossbar mounted a couple of inches higher (for belt clearance) than the front clutch hitches and the pulley mount bracket more in the center of the crossbar. This makes modifying them more difficult. I ended up getting a new hitch frame from Simplicity last year (~$80 as I recall). All the other parts were also still available, even though the complete assembly wasn't. BTW, there is a picture of this hitch in the parts book for the 7100 Series attachments. Carl

You might want to check this url out - snowblower on ebay with center mount bracket: http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1641493482 Not a 7000 model but sure looks close to what you are describing. Click on link below as well.[A href='http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1641493482']http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1641493482[/a]

This sounds like the same conversion that I want to make (see message # 4278), I received a reply via E-Mail from member #2212 ToddS along with some pictures that show the hitch that you are asking about. I have yet to do the convesion of the old hitch, It only will require one piece of flat stock about 10" x 1½" x ¼" & some rework of an idler bracket. With Todds permission I can forward you the pictures. Don

I too would like that info on the AC 300/400 series snow blower. Also, perhaps a front blade... can't decide which way to go. I have a AC312 with a rebuilt 16HP koehler K series. I suspect a winter of snow fall better than last year. I don't mind if my 400 ft. drive is impassable, but, those folk who sign my meager paycheck just don't understand. :) Steve

My parts books show different hitches for 300 and 400 series snowblowers.The 400 series hitch looks easier to fabricate.I think it should work on both tractors.I don't have a snowblower but I have used the 46" snowblade for many years on my A/C 312V and 410S here in N.W. Ohio with no problems.E-mail me and I'll send scans of parts diagrams. Mack

Steve, I have a 500' lane out of town and I don't even try a blade anymore. Snowblower does much better especialy when the snows are close together like last year. A blade just makes big ridges on each side of the drive that just drift in deeper and deepr. With the blower I can throw the snow a little ways out avoiding much of the pile up. And I also don't have all the rocks in the yard like I do with the blade. I use a blade to do drives in town, but they are 30' - 40' max. Big difference. My two cents, Sam

Sam, Did you get the info that you're looking for? I'll start digging in my stack of manuals and see what I can find, if you haven't... I certainly can't speak from experience on these new tractors -- if it's not over 30 years old, I don't know much about it... Kent

Got the pics of the 300/400 snowblower hitches, thanks guys! Still would like a picture of the newer 900 series long belt snowblower hitch from a parts catalog. I just don't have much for parts catalogs after 1978.

Sam, I don't know what parts you have but I have mounted a 300 series blower (hitch and all) on to a 712. The mounting plates bolted to the side frame and I used the same belt as the mower deck to drive the unit (the 300/400 series are drive with a horizontal pulley in the same place and the mower deck). The only thing I added was some helper springs on the front to help lift the blower, and fabricated lift lever. Good Luck! Mike S.

Hey Sam, ...500 ft drive heh, guess you have to leave five minutes earlier just to get somewhere on time ! :) Thanks for your input on the blower vs blade. I have leaned towards a blower, yet, some folk argue for the blade. Wally, up in Wisconson has or had a blower available to fit my 312. Just haven't had the resources and time for the trip. I thought maybe a blade would be a good compromise for winter snow and summer yard work. I sort of shot my wad this spring for the tractor so hopefully next spring/summer I can get a few attactments. Thanks again Sam, and thanks to all in the group ! Steve

I gave up on being on time years ago. When my watch broke 6 years ago I never did replaced it. I do however have to get up 1 1/2 hours early to blow out the lane when it snows to get to work. Fortunately work is only 7 minutes from home in good weather. Once there I have another hour or two of pushing snow. The older I get the less fond I am of winter. At least I will have some heat in my tractor shop this winter.

Sam, I sure can relate to being less fond of winter as the years add on. Been snowing in Fairbanks, 200 miles N.W. of me the past two days and I still have the mower on. MPH