Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

clean your carb without disasembly or put the powe

tman

one thing I like to do is if your engine just doesent have the giddyup it used to the pour 1 capful of fuel injector clener like for a car into your gas tank and run the engine and man the power comes right back

A co worker of mine swears by another product called C-Foam (not sure of the spelling) Its supposed to dissolve all the carbon build up in the cylinders. He says its cured many a knocking JD Kawasaki engines hes had. Take it for what its worth, you usually have to wear hip boots when talking to him as it gets pretty deep!

The product is SeaFoam. And it seems to work, more so to some people than others. My 2 cents worth is that it doesn't hurt and can clean carb and valves but cannot fix years of carbon build up or a messed up carb.

Since a 12oz bottle of the gas treatment/cleaner/etc generally will work on about 20gal of gas, I mix about 4oz with every 6gal gas can fillup that I use for the tractor. Also, I look for a gas treatment that does not use alchohol as a component. Engine seems to like it.

Disolving carbon or loosening it is bad. Carbon particles get into rings and valves and can scour the cyl walls and create a smoker or worse.

According to my local NAPA man who uses sea foam in all his 4 wheelers and snow-go's it also helps the problem of the gas dryin out over long periods of none use. I don't know, been runnung it about a month and can't say I've noticed any reason to give it a sales pitch. MPH

Both of my Allis 620's were prone to fouling plugs at a pretty regular rate, have been using Sea Foam for the past 6 years and have not fouled a plug since, also use it in my other tractors. Good stuff. Floydster