Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Squire Garden Mark 10 hp

Hi, I know this is not really a Simplicity question, but somebody might know the answer. I would like to put a plow on my Montgomery Ward Squire Tractor. Does anyone have info where I can buy a plow carriage or at least see a picture of it so I can build one. I plan to use my Simplicity blade. Thank you, Paul Cavallaro

Thanks for the info fellows. My tractor was made by Gilson. The first letters of the ID # are GIL, so the Simplicity parts are not direct fit. The front frame has a hole straight through the frame as if a bar would fit in here and pivot up an down. Any info on Gilson tractors or plows would be appreciated. Thanks, Paulie

If it looks like the 9HP one on the left below, or the 10HP B-10 on the right, then it was made by Simplicity and parts will interchange. If it doesn't, it's a newer one made by Gilson... I don't know where to start looking for Gilson parts... you might look for a Yahoo Club.... http://simpletractors.com/images/gallery_images/big_10_sj1x1.jpg

I have two gilsons I'd be Glad to part with except the 14 and 16 hp cast briggs are worth a lot more than I paid for them..MPH

Hi Paul, I have a 1971 Gilson, 15hp, model number 53009 and a 1978 Gilson, 11hp (don't remember the model #). Anyway, you can get some parts through Toro dealers. Also, I had luck in finding owners manuals for my Gilsons by calling Toro at 1-800-348-2424, X 4004. Have your model number ready. The manuals are photocopies, but have some diagrams with part numbers, etc. Mine cost about $2 each... Good Luck! Dave Borkman Saunderstown, RI