Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

What are you bringing to sell at Brooklyn?

Kent

I am bringing down 3 tractors for sale: 1968 3012V Simplicity with mower, snowblower,tiller, etc. 1968 serf 515 w/mower, Yeoman 637 with mower, 4 tractors for show and what ever other implements I can fit on some for sale. Paul

I have a 42" snowthrower attachment for 7100 series I can bring for sale/trade if anyone is interested....It's a bit rough, but still works good....

Or, what would you like to see for sale there? I've thought about loading up a few odds and ends, and was wondering what everyone was bringing to our "swap meet." Thought this would be generally valuable information to those of us planning to attend....

I am bringing three tractors: AC 616 (like powermax), AC 712, Simplicity 7112; and what ever attachments I can fit on the trailer (mowers, snowblowers, etc.). All items are for sale. I've been "instructed" that if I return with more than I take down, I will have to sleep in the garage with the tractors. Steve[A href='http://www.simpletractors.com/gallery/616_to_go.htm']http://www.simpletractors.com/gallery/616_to_go.htm[/a]

I have a model W walk behind tractor ( rough shape, minus the engine ) with a rototiller. I believe both the transmision and the tiller are the same as on the 4 wheel tractors such as a AC B series. If anyone is interested in these either as a pair or individually send me a e-mail before Friday afternoon. Al

I am bringing a 1959 simp. 700 engine and assorted parts off it. I am also bringing tires and rims to sell. I might bring a snowblower off a mid 70's AC/Simplicity. I am also bringing a couple of tractors one for showing the other one for sale is a 2010 landlord with mower deck.

The guts of the tranny are the same as B series but the shift linkage shaft is backward. could possiblely be switched around but so far haven't had the need to learn. The tiller will mount on a 725, I did it this spring. Had to turn the pulley around to get it to alien with the tractor PTO. MPH

Hey Marc, the Regent will fit in the Mazda good, we (my dad and I) got a 3415H in his 4 cylinder Ford Ranger, just ask BWALLY, but it will load the truck down, so be prepared for the front end to sit up high, also, if you do have ramps, I recomend pushing it up(the regent that is), I flipped one off ramps one time, nothing to remember, just be sure to tie it up tight in the bed, set the parking brake on the Regent, and head out! Good luck,-BradW

deck and plow for 300AC, shortblock for 14 Koh. all professionally reman'ed.2 cub motors, a 12 and a 10 Briggs motor,all kinds of used sim AC and new eng parts.

How about the non-running CCKA from the 4040, w/front clutch still in good shape? And '52(?) Briggs (runs) from D. Bradley walker, w/o pulleys. When coming down from Cow Hampshire is there a better route than 495 @ Lawrence to 90 to 395 south @ Auburn? ETA @ 3pm OK?

I will be bringing my newly restored B 10. Also bringing many parts off my old B 110 that I no longer need. Some are in good shape and some are not that great.See you Sat.

MarcM, I’ve been accused of being a safety “nut”. That said, here are points for transporting your Regent. 1) If you don’t have factory ramps, you can use 2x8x8 or larger lumber, preferably treated lumber since that’s usually SYP not Fir. 2) Place one end on the truck bed NOT the tailgate. 3) Place the ground end against a curb or drive stakes (you don’t want the boards to slip off the truck while you’re loading. 4) Use jack stands or concrete blocks at the center to support the boards. 5) Place an old tire or other substantial cushion between the front of your truck body and loaded tractor. 6) Get the tractor as close to (or touching) the front of your truck body. 7) Set the tractor brakes, and use chain, nylon straps, or very sturdy rope to hold the tractor in place. 8) Before you start the trip, drive around the block, hit your brakes hard a few times, and re-check the tightness of your chains or straps. 9) Don’t forget to check the air pressure in all your tires. 10) Drive defensively, keep your distance, stay alert, and stop immediately to re-check the load if you have any doubts or concerns. Happy Motoring...... You should do just fine.

If anyone is bringing parts/attachments for a 1967/68 Simplicity Landlord 2110 (with hydrolift - Mfg. #990432/990433) to the outing, before you load, I'd be interested in attachments such as a snowblade/dozer, cab, tire chains, ect... Really need a sickle bar to replace my broken one (the part that goes back and forth with the riveted teeth). I think its 46" in length (Mfg. #990465). I already have the 42" mower deck, snowthrower attachment, plow blade and tiller. Would appreciate any help with locating any of these. Thanks. J.C.

Herb, one thing I did on my wood ramps was split an old snow-go track in half and attach to the ramps for traction when wet, smooth wood can be a bad deal and even chain-sawed milled can be touchy in a down pourin drizzal..MPH

I don't have anything to sell but I do plan to bring my 2001 Regent tractor if I can get it in my brother in-laws Mazda B210 (same as Ford Ranger) pickup. Any members have suggestions on driving a tractor safely up ramps into a pickup truck bed? Kent, will you be bringing any of the hats or tshirts sold by the club? Steve, your AC 616 is a beauty! I'd be tempted to buy it, but if I did I would need to move in to your garage with you and the tractor! How big is that garage and does it have heat?.................. Look forward to meeting all the members on Saturday. This site convinced me to buy a Simplicity and I am thrilled with the way this tractor cuts my lawn. I would never buy another brand. I am trying to convince my nephew to buy a Simplicity. He has had a John Deere for over ten years and he wants to get a newer one. I told him orange is the only way to go. Marc

No, sorry to say that I'll have no shirts or hats for sale -- I'm concerned that I may not even have them to wear. I gave away all the t-shirts I had and when I slowly got around to placing an order, I found out the hats were out of stock... bummer! Hopefully my new shirts will be here this week and I can come "properly attired."

Marty, You're absolutely right. Wet wood is dangerously slippery. Sand paint also works fairly well but is not long lasting. Stucco screening is light and works great but you better have gloves. For those who plan on using ramps frequently, they should invest in good metal grate style.