Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

A look into the future

MPH

Hope I caught this right, have the radio on,,Dad touring New York with his young son. Son, this is where the World Trade Center use to stand 31 years ago. Dad, What was the World Trade Center? Son, they were were two very tall building, 110 storys each, some terriost from the Middle East flew 2 Commericial pasengers planes into them and they both fell down kill a lot of workers. Dad, What WAS the Middle East?? MPH

All this whole thing is for is oil thats it.All the more reason for people like Les[a great American by the way!] to help get us alternative energy sources.Let these a--holes go back to eating dirt like they've done for thousands of years,,

WELL said Dave-----ss------just thought I'd fill in the blanks in your reply. It seems our oil companies have been major stumbling blocks in past attempts to get alternate sources of energy up and running. As important as it is at this point in time hopefully Govt. could step in and control those guys a little, that is the ones in Govt. who arent owned by the oil Co's. Dick

Hey Sam, I remember saying i was gonna put my soap box away a couple pages back!! Now not only do I have to put it away again but also remove my foot from my mouth. Ha Ha!! Dick

Thats all right, one gets used to the taste of shoe polish after while.................I prefer brown myself.............................

Dave & Dick, I understand what you’re saying, but the problem is deeper than oil. Sure, right now we must protect the oil supply we need. To do that, it is in our best interest to maintain an alliance with Israel and maintain a presence in the middle-east. Let’s pretend we magically discover an alternative energy source today, and don’t need oil at all. Tomorrow we tell Israel they’re on their own (and they cease to exist), and we completely withdraw from the entire eastern hemisphere. That should ensure peace, right..? I don’t think so. Those people are not going to go back to eating dirt while we are still enjoying our lifestyle. So, instead of buying their oil, we just give them more and more money and other foreign aid. That should ensure peace, right..? I don’t think so. Next, they would want us all to convert to Islam. Then, they would want us to share everything we own with the “poor” people of the world. Then, it would be something else. There are those in this world that just plain HATE us. Others, like world-wide organized crime and drug cartels want to steal all our stuff. If we ever get to the point where we no longer own anything worth stealing or taking, they will want to enslave us. They would force us to work in factories and farms without pay for the fanatics’, tyrants’, terrorists’, and gangsters’ benefit. Does all of that sound fantastic..? Just read a history book..! Hitler wanted world-domination, and he is just one example of many. Sorry, I don’t believe all this is just about oil. Saying our lust for oil is the problem makes us look guilty in the eyes of others, and makes some of us even feel guilty about ourselves. Hog-wash..! With all our faults, we have built the greatest, free society the world has ever seen. We have to be ever vigilant to keep it.

Oil? "All this is about oil"? Help me out here. How much oil does Afganistan produce and whats Osama Bin Laden's interest in it? Over 6,000 people die in a sneak attack on an American icon and its because of oil? I think not. This was an attack on the American way of life, pure and simple. Blame it on oil if you want, but I think thats grossly over-simplifying the issue. Dutch hits the nail on the head here. No matter what we give, these radical fringe nut-groups will always want for more. When your top dog someone's always looking to knock you down.

Though I have long blamed the world oil co, BP owns and runs Prudo Bay, for the lack of any other sorce of energy being developed, Herb gets a right on in his statement.. Has anyone heard of the tax breaks on buying hi-bred electric/gas cars I heard rumors of last Dec and Jan????MPH

I MEANT to say; It's because of oil that we haven't nuked the place yet.Can't upset OIL producers who are Islamic countries,,That we haven't reacted[that we can see on tv, anyways]

I work across the bay from New York City and watched the events of 9-11-2001 unfold before my own eyes. As I watched in disbelief and horror, the mushroom shaped cloud above the second tower and the smoke trail blowing to the east from the first tower, I wondered if it could be the very thing that we all thought could never happen here...an act of terrorism against the Red White and Blue. We turned on the TV to find out what the he.. was happening and our stomach's turned when we heard what had transpired. As we stood watching the live reports on a BBC channel(the only one we could recieve since all the NY stations had thier antenna's on the towers)we heard a report that one of the towers was collapsing and just like a nightmare we turned and looked accross the bay and saw only a huge mound of gray and brown smoke covering what we always looked at with pride and admiration, the NY city skyline. I grew up here and have a lot of friends who work over there, one in particular had a doctors appointment that morning and was spared as he works for Cantor Fitzgerald where the first plane hit, two other friends were not so lucky. One was a Port Authority Police Officer on his way to work when he saw what happened caught a ride over there and helped many people to safety and was lost, the other was just up there doing his job trying to support his wife and small children. "33" people from my town of middletown nj were lost as a result of the cowardly acts of September 11, 2001 and those directly responsible must be brought to swift justice. Boycotting these people because of where they live or bombing these areas and killing innocent people will not cure the problem of terrorism and will not stop world wide terror only careful justice can..........Rich. God bless us all. The link below is a story that was in the washington post on the 23rd of sept. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- [A href='http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A14072-2001Sep23.html']http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A14072-2001Sep23.html[/a]