New member! And b-1 owner

6-7-99

Louis,

Welcome to the club. My B-1 is still in service. The
only thing it needs is more power.

Likewise, most folks think I'm nuts for keeping my old
B-1 but I like it.

Roy

Welcome aboard, I used to build street rods for a living, so when I took up restoring my old B-10 some of my friends said why. I'll tell you something, I'am having more fun rebuilding and finding parts than any old car I rebuilt. So #@%$& them we like it and understand what your going through. Have fun and enjoy the site, best group of people I've talk to on the computer. goodluck and again enjoy it. polo

Hello I would like to become a member of the sim/Ac Tractor club
My family and friens all think I'm Nuts for spending so much time working
on my tractor. It is a b-1 that I have used for quite a while. I decide that
this year it could use a little work to get into like new condition for another
38 years of service. I have already had the tractor repainted. And then I decided
to Rebuild the motor because it was starting to smoke a little too much
after tearing it down everything looks amazingly mint except for the valves. I found
your club after looking for 19D engine parts on the web. I managed to get valves and
a gasket kit. and hope to put it all back together soon. All the local tractor
stores think I'm nuts but hey somebody show me a 30 year old MTD that runs (hah hah)
I would love to send some pictures off this project if someone can tell me where
to email them to. I also have 42' mover, tiller, snow blade, generator. which I plan to
refurbish. Any hints anyone has will be helpfull.
bye

Louis,

Welcome! Believe me -- you'll be understood here. Probably most of us have experienced the same lack of understanding from spouses, friends, dealers, etc.

E-mail me pictures and the story you want to tell to the address above, and I'll post them to the Gallery. We'd certainly like to see some pictures of the generator (a rare old bird).

Again, welcome.
Kent