Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

vacuum collector information needed

srwven

I just acquired parts of a vacuum collector. What I have was apparently used on a 2010. The owner kept the cart but gave me the cloth/canvas hood with collection tube and the PTO accessory. Can this work with any type of after market cart? Does anybody have any manuals or is there any posts on the website showing the setup. By the way, I will be attempting to use it on my 7014S and need the adapters for it and probably more of the tube from the deck to the chute. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Dutch brings up a good point. The sticker for the serial number is worn beyond recognition. I checked out the vac closer and from what I can tell (I'm not positive how it hooks up) it does drive from the right side not the left and the intake is on the left however, the hitch that the blower is on has matching bolt holes on both sides. That leads me to believe that the blower and pulleys can simply be reversed on the hitch? From the "what fits" link, most of the vacuums that list a 7014 also list the 2010 as well, one or the other (depending on the blower serial number) may take a certain kit. Am I making any sense? And does anyone (dealer?) have any experience with these?

hi you can get the manuals by calling simplicity at 1-800-357-8244 and ask for publications dept. I order one a while back the Mfrs. No. is 533 and the book nuumber is 1311. you should be able to adapt it to a aftermarket cart fairly easily.

The correct blower for the 7014 will have a pulley on the same side as the intake (LEFT), which is driven by a belt from the center PTO. That pulley is connected to a jack shaft that drives the impeller from the RIGHT side. Below is a link to a previous post I made regarding the PTO vacs. [A href='http://www.simpletractors.com/clubhouse/ShowMessage.asp?MsgID=4515&mode=short&startwith=0']http://www.simpletractors.com/clubhouse/ShowMessage.asp?MsgID=4515&mode=short&startwith=0[/a]

Does the blower from the 2010 drive from the same side as the 7014..? Jeff Nemes had/has an adapter. www.iHoz.com for hoses.

Dutch, from the picture it doesn't seem there is too much of a difference except for the pulley on the left side of the vacuum. After checking out the vacuum mfg no. originally offered for the 2010 vacuum then checking the "what fits" section, that vacuum would work on a 7014 with a kit. I wonder if that kit is the pulley setup for the left side? The mfg no for the kit is 103285 and 103086, anybody know off hand what these kits are? I did a search and it only led me back to the what fits section.

I think you're right that the only difference is the LEFT pulley and related parts. I think one of the "kits" is the 3/4" rod and collars that the blower hangs from, but it's been a while since I did the research and I don't remember which number.