Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  

RE: How do I join

I have already sent a few messages, and I thank you all for the response. I must say that you all seem to be a good bunch of tractor-heads (compliment). I do, however, have a question: after perusing the web site, I am still confused - is the Yahoo site no longer valid? And if so, to join this club, do I merely have to say "I join" (no fee's, no hazing, no forking over of dues). Well if this is true, I join. Like any irrational hobby, it is nice to have other people out there to offer support as opposed to everyone else that thinks I'm a nut.

As to why the heck I found myself here, I was looking for a "garden tractor", priced some new ones (WOW), and then hit the want ads. After a few months, I stumbled across an AC 920 for a reasonable price, and temporarily unencumbered by the thought process, I bought it. I consequently foung this web site, and had that wonderfull feeling (like calling out after an avalance and having someone shout back) that I am not alone.

My technical question, that I am dying to have answered, (I can take that truth) is... is this Lombardini diesel as difficult to find parts for as I think? Is there anyone else out there in possesion of one of these things (other that Jeff's want add - the one without the engine...). It just makes me sick to go into a Simplicity dealer and have him look at me in the eye and say "geez, a Lombardini diesel, I'll see what I can find, and get back to you later". What I need in particular is motor mounts. As Kent has let me know, this fossil is the same as the Simplicity 7790. They can't have mothballed the aftermarket already...

Kent
Hank,

We're still temporarily using the Yahoo site for only two things:

1. Maintaining an "E-mailing list" of members so that we can contact them...
2. Using the real-time Chat function for Sunday night chat sessions -- which requires you to be registered there...

I've been working the last couple months, time available, on a new "Clubhouse" function that we'll add here that will totally replace the Yahoo stuff. It's coming along a bit slower than I had hoped, but should be available for testing pretty soon. When it goes "live" there will be no need to use Yahoo, and anyone who has registered there will need to register again in the new Clubhouse.

It's your call as to whether you go ahead and register at Yahoo now... but it would be nice to be able to E-mail you if needed by having you on that membership list....

Sorry for the confusion and growing pains!
Kent

tej
Hank,
I have an AC 920 as well and have had it for about
a year. The only confusion I've found about parts
is who supplies what. Lombardini has parts for anything
engine related except the exhaust manifold and muffler.
I'm not sure about engine mounts but you might want
to check with them. Lombardini's website is:
www.lombardiniusa.com and they have been very helpful.
You can find a list of dealers there and you can find
one close to you. I've also gotten parts from an
AGCO Allis dealer and manuals from Simplicity. Prices
all seem about the same but if you don't have one
already get an engine manual from Lombardini directly
through emailing through the web site, (it's about $20
cheaper from them rather than from their dealer).

I've gotten oil, air and gas filters, air shroud parts
and a front fuel line all for the Lombardini engine
without any problems. The air shroud parts took a couple
of months because they had to come from Italy but everything
else was a couple of weeks if that.

I'm trying to price my tractor, can you email me directly as
to how much it was. If my wife lets me buy a plane I may
sell it. If not I'll keep it and keep loving it. It's a
great tractor and the engine is industrial.

I will try to e-mail you. I havent had much luck as of yet with my e-mail. don't wanna tie up the discussion room. I paid $2,500 for the tractor (very few hours), tiller (used only once or twice), 48" lawn deck and grass catcher. I probably could have dickered him down, but it was love at first sight. Good luck in your sale.

tej
Hank,
It looks like my wife wants a house first. I'm
working on both. She also wants me to keep the
tractor and I'm grateful for that. I spent this
weekend with my grandfather who has two AC tractors.
He has a blade to the side, a tiller on one and a
mower deck on the other. He mows his yard, my cousins
yard, the barn yard and the church yard. He's been
doing that or more with these for twenty years and
their still running. This diesel is bigger and looks
even more durable. Life takes some weird turns but
for now I get to keep her. Thanks for the reply.

tej
Hank,
It looks like my wife wants a house first. I'm
working on both. She also wants me to keep the
tractor and I'm grateful for that. I spent this
weekend with my grandfather who has two AC tractors.
He has a blade to the side, a tiller on one and a
mower deck on the other. He mows his yard, my cousins
yard, the barn yard and the church yard. He's been
doing that or more with these for twenty years and
their still running. This diesel is bigger and looks
even more durable. Life takes some weird turns but
for now I get to keep her. Thanks for the reply.