Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Broadmoor 727?

I just received the frame of what looks to be a broadmoor 727 but I have no way of knowing because there is no data plate. I plan on taking some pieces off my yeoman to get this going but what I was wondering was if anyone knew how to tell the difference between the years of the broadmoors. P.S. I will be at the show in brooklyn tomorrow, I hope to see some of you guys there.

I think (not completely sure) that the 727 was the first "flat top" hood style Broadmoor. It should have the 2-speed + reverse transmission that the 707 and 717 had. The later 728 and 738 had a 3-speed +reverse tranny as did the 3008, 5008 and 5010. Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. SmilinSam

The hood isn't flat but has a slight crease in the middle but it does only have the two speed rear end. But of all the broadmoors I have looked at it looks like they all have a different dash console design. The pictures in the contents section aren't much help either. If anyone has a manual they can scan a couple pictures to send me I would be greatly appreciative.