Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

To all those who attended Brooklyn thanks

JimV

Hi Guys, I just wanted to thank everyone who attended the show. We had Men women and children from 6 different states. I enjoyed talking with each and every one of you .Every person in this club makes it what it is .Alot of people came a long way even though they knew the weather might not be great,we even had a 6 weak old baby boy that came by. I can't wait to do it again. There was some talk of maybe doing a spring event and fall event. It sounds good to me. I can't wait to see the pics!

Jim, Me and my rain-soaked wife had a blast.And I will look into the fireman's grounds down here, just for us. By the way, I forgot to tell you guys, there is some great fishing there, since it is located on one of the best trout fishing rivers in Ct. Hats off to you Jim!!! And to everyone who brought your tractor, they looked awesome setting there, all lined up in a row!!! It could not have looked any better!!! It was a real treat to finally see the faces behind the names!! John

It is initiative such as you have shown in organizing this event that makes this club special and a tier above the rest. We had over 25 tractors at the event, easily outpacing any other manufacturer. The club members in New England who attended had a blast and we thank you Jim for stepping up and making this special event happen. Well done!! Steve

Jim I had a terrific day in Brooklyn ,it was great to meet so many of the members and find out that in person they are even friendlier than here on the web. Again thanks for putting the show together and hosting lunch too. I think that what amazed me the most was the variety of tractors and equipment, if you had said everyone bring something different you wouldn't have gotten a better mix. Cal

Hark! What rain-storm through yonder window breaks? It is Brooklyn, and Simple TrACtors is the Light. I shoulda been in the theater. S.

Here's the first photos of the show. I had a SUPER time meeting everyone. These tractors certainly seem to know how to attract some fine people to "adopt" them.... Thanks to Jim Vieira for setting it up.[A href='http://www.simpletractors.com/brooklyn_ct.htm']http://www.simpletractors.com/brooklyn_ct.htm[/a]

Thanks for putting it all together Jim. It was great to meet some of the folks I've grown to know through SimpletrACtors. The line-up of equipment was super! Kent's Big Ten looks better with rain drops on it than it does in the gallery. Looking forward to the next time. Thanks again Jim. John(ri)

Hi Jim Just wanted to say that it was nice meeting you today now I can put a face to the name.It was great to see all the tractors on display.Maybe next time I will bring my own. See you next time. Fernando

Some fine lookin iron guys. Kent thanks for the pics, you look like you lost a few years on your B 10. Someday I gotta make one of these gatherings..MPH

It was great to finally meet you Jim, you did a fantastic job organizing the event, thanks for lunch. Next year maybe we will have to move the farm tractors over to where we were so we have more room. It was great to see the amount machines that showed up, we were clearly the largest group there. Kent, it was also great to finally meet you, I cant commened you and the other members that have helped enough on the job that you have done with this site, and club, it is really the only reason I get on the internet. To everybody else I talked and " picked brains" with, it was fun to talk tractors for the whole day (dosen't happen much at home!). My brother and I really had a great time. Cant wait for next year, maybe I will bring all 12 instead of just 7. Thanks again it was a blast! Paul

Jim, I was nice to meet both you and Kent. I enjoyed seeing the tractors and people. There are two things that could have made it better ? 1) If I had my machines with me 2) If I stayed longer. So I guess both can be improved from my end of the deal. Great job. I hope to see another one, the spring sounds good. Great photo Kent on the John Deere's. Well, Thanks to all who participated. Al

You guys are the best, I have some fun ideas for next year. Maybe a best of show trophy. that would be kind of cool.There were so many cool tractors there. I think the club members are just as tough as the tractors they drive. I didn't have one whiner in the group, that says something about the steel you guys are made of. Thanks for all the kind comments. Jim V.

Sounds great, Jim. I think I'll make up "info" sheets so the owner can identify the year, make, model of the tractor and who owns it.... BTW, I vote that the John Deere that had to be towed in gets this year's "Best of Show" posthumously -- since it is after the fact and it was definitely dead! It was the best laugh all day! LOL....

Hi Jim, It was a pleasure meeting you and many thanks for all the effort you put into making this a great show. The 300 mile round trip was certainaly a rewarding one for me,especially meeting all of the club members and seeing all of that orange and yellow stuff assembled together in one spot. Next year I hope to have my AC B110 there to join my restored B10 that was at the show this year. Thanks again for a super well planned show!! Vinnie

Hey Jim, My daughter and I had a great time at the show despite the weather. Thanks for organizing it. I know it was a lot of work for you. It was great to see so many Sims and AC tractors. It was also great to meet Kent and talk with him. Kent, keep up the outstanding work you do with this site. I would love to particpate in a spring show. I will definately plan ahead to be able to bring my tractor. Would there be any interest in having a dealer participate and maybe bring some new tractors to display? Let me know and I will ask my dealer if he would be interested. Kent, we could take up a collection from the members to have a big Simple Tractors club banner made that we could hang at outings like this so that eveyone will know who we are. Jim thanks again and I will definately hook up with you since we are neighbors! Marc

I need to add my thanks to you Jim and Kent for extending your hospitality at the show. The hot coffee and beer dogs sure went down well while looking at and talking about tractors. I look forward to coming out next year and maybe seeing about bringing my couple of toys with me. Leo Boudreau

I need to add my thanks to you Jim and Kent for extending your hospitality at the show. The hot coffee and beer dogs sure went down well while looking at and talking about tractors. I look forward to coming out next year and maybe seeing about bringing my couple of toys with me. Leo Boudreau

Jim Great job at Brooklyn. This was the first tractor show I ever attended and thought it was great. Hope you have it again and the weather is better. Keep up the good work.