Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Hydraulic Bucket for a 6216

There are no loaders made for these tractors because they are very light duty tractors. The stamped frame would never take the abuse and the rear axle has enough problems without doing any heavy work. They call these tractors LAWN TRACTORS for a reason.

Didn't mean to offend anyone, the tractors I have seen around here have their share of problems with the rear ends. I had a real clean 6218 that I put a new engine in and adjusted everything by the book. I really wanted to use it but after using it I went back to "old faithful" (2210) the old girl is alot more tractor.

I agree with half of what Wally has said. A 6216 is not a good candidate for a loader, as it has 6" rims and bushings not bearings in the front wheels. Yes, the frame is stamped steel and may not carry the load. As far as the rear axle, I run 26"x 12" lug tires and a 42" plow, and have bashed and thrashed it without mercy. No problems yet. including 9 yards of bluestone spread and graded. It is a Medium Duty Garden Tractor. (Just defending my baby).

Agree with you Rog! A damned good "medium" duty I might add. Read B Wally's response last night and thought, "Damn, someone's had a bad day! This doesn't sound like the 'friendly site' as advertised. Paulie, while not hydraulic, Johnny Bucket has just come out with a Jr. Bucket for the 6216, again w/ the caveat that the front spindles may have problem if you go w/ too much weight - no problem w/frame nor rear axle far as I know. $ was around 450 if I recall correct. Contact him via ad on site. VSE

B Wally - No offense given nor taken, my old faithful is my 717! Why are you getting rid of your snowblowers... Wisc. weather getting too warm? VSE