Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

gas in the engine

shanej

today i was working on my tractor, trying to get the carborator set right before next weekend so i could pull. i shut it off for a minute and when i went back the carb was filled with gas, some gas was coming out of the exhaust pipe, after i saw all that i took out the spark plug and turned it over and every stroke gas sprayed out of the hole, after a couple turns it wouldnt turn anymore because there was to much gas in it. i put a new carb on the tractor and it ran fine. what do you think could be the problem with the carb?

powermax_paul
Do you have a fuel pump and carb with a float? If so, the float may not be shutting off the fuel supply to the carb when the bowl fills. Paul

me and my father are in the eastcoast antique tractor club and twice a year they have tractor pulls for both big farm tractors and garden tractors. last time i pulled with my stock 1967 2110 simplicity landlord i pulled 1000lb 16 1/2in this year i added los of weight so i should be able to pull more. ill let you know how much it pulled

I would bet on a stuck float.Drop your sediment bowl and make sure it is free.I would also soak the carb seeing you have it off. Good luck on pulling. BTW what town is the pull going on in?

i just got back from the tractor pull and i came in first place with my 1967 simplicity 2110. with no weights at all i pulled 1100lb, the 2nd place tractor pulled 900lb. after that i pulled for fun because i was using some weights, with front and rear counter weights i pulled 1200, and with front and rear counter weights and wheel weights with add up to 200lb all together i pulled 1550lb. also i was pulling on a wet and muddy concrete pad.