Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sorry if I seemed out of it at the Show

arnoldir

Hi Roger, I thought you were fine at the show. I didn't get a chance to talk to alot of people but I sure did appreciate all you brought with you. take care Jim V.

Hello All, I apologize for being out of it on Saturday. I flew back from a week of training on Friday and was up all night putting machines back together and loading up. Between keeping an eye on my 3 year old daughter and dealing with a wet grumpy wife, I was not feeling very social and I may have rubbed some of you the wrong way. I'm Sorry, But at least my kid had a great time and that's what it was all about.

No problem, Roger, I can relate. I was riding herd on my nine year old, who kept interrupting to get the keys to the truck, money for toys or snacks, etc. I'd also had some late nights replacing a leaky gas tank in my Big Ten. Saturday was my 3rd day off since 9/11 -- and it was a great "mental break" for me, as much as anything. Meeting the great folks that have "come together" on the Internet, and then drove hundreds of miles in some cases, just reaffirmed to me what America is all about.... We came from all walks of life, have been through all kinds of experiences, yet we thoroughly enjoyed sharing the common appreciation for this old iron.... I wanted to get a chance to talk to you about your 6216, but it never happened. It certainly looked like your daughter had a good time riding in the cart, once the weather cleared a bit, though. I scored a "major moral victory" if nothing else, that made it a great trip. Eli now wants me to help him build a tractor, so I picked up a Simplicity 700 to combine with an old Allis B-1 that I'd bought earlier... and this project the wife even encourages. YES -- free kitchen passes! That alone was worth the cold and rain!