Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Interesting club statistic regarding dealers...

Kent

I AGREE WITH KENT.I WOULD LIKE TO SEE A NETWORK SETUP WITH ALL THE DEALERS .WHEN THEY GET A AOLD TRACTOR OR EQUIPMENT THEY WOULD PUT IT ON A ADATA BASE WHERE THEY COULD LET US ALL KNOW WHERE THEY ARE AND HOW MUCH THEY WANT FOR THEIR PARTS OR TRACTORS. FOR EXAMPLE . I NEED A A LAWNCART .IF A DEALER WOULD HAVE ONE THEY COULD PUT IT ON A ADATA BASE ON SIMPLETRACTORS OR EVEN SET THIS UP WITH ALL THE DEALERS WHO WANT TO JOIN IN.THEY COULD THEN PUT ON A MESSAGE BOARD WHAT THEY HAVE SO THEN WE COULD CONTACT THEY IF WE WANTED TO BUY THIS.I KNOW I SEEM TO HAVE OFF THE WALL IDEAS BUT THIS WOULD BE ONE OF MY BEST ON MY OPPION.WE NEED TO BE ABLE TO KNOW WHAT DEALERS HAVE FORSALE SOME HOW. A NET WORK WITH ALL SIMPLICITY AND AGCO ALLIS LAWN DEALERS NEED TO BE CREATED TO LET US BUY AND SELL OUR UN WANTED ITEMS.I HAVE NO WAY OF KNOWING HOW TO GET A LAWNCART OTHER THAN VISTITING THE DEALERS WHICH IS TIME CONSUMING AND TIME LIMITED . I HOPE MORE PEOPLE GIVE THEIR INPUT.MY REASON FOR THIS IDEA IS EVERYTIME I PUT SOMETHING ON THIS BOARD NO ONE WANTS TO BUY WHAT I HAVE.I DONT WANT TO GET RICH I JUST NEED TO GET RID OF ITEMS AND IF A DEALER NETWORK WAS CREATED WE COULD GET RID OF UNWANTED ITEMS WITH THEM AND BUY FROM THEM WHAT WE MIGHT NEED. AGCO918 CHAD E SHAFER

Kent I want you and the more active dealers on the Simple Tractor site to know the club members do appreciate all of your help and support. In talking to you and Cal Neely at the Conn. show on Sat.I was amazed how quickly and professionally all of my questions were answered. After the 8 months of restoring my B 10 it was great to finally tie up all these loose ends. Thank you both for taking the time to participate in the show,and Cal thanks for closing down your shop for the day and helping us out. Thank you again, Vinnie

Chad, I don’t think your idea is “off the wall.” I think it’s a great idea. But doesn’t it already exist..? Anyone can buy & sell right here for free. What I have noticed is that most “For Sale” ads don’t have pictures, and many don’t offer full descriptions or prices. I have bought items listed on this board. I may have bought more if the sellers had responded to my emails promptly, or knew what they had, or how to describe it, or knew how much they wanted. Jeff Nemes has the Used Mower Network. I’ll bet it takes a lot of time to keep that current and up to date. If you have been unsuccessful selling your items on this board, have you tried Jeff’s site..? If all else fails, why not list on eBay..? At least you’ll learn if anyone wants what you’re selling and what they’re willing to pay. I have two of those carts you’re looking for. I bought a second one 2 months ago for $15 (it was rough). I know where another one is. It’s like brand new, but the guy wants $300. It’s not worth that much to me. I'll keep my eye out for another. What condition do you want, what price range, and how far are you willing to travel..?

I just noticed that we have 54 club members who have identified themselves as dealers. I wanted to point that out, and to encourage them to step forward and participate more. I'm personally encouraged to find this many have joined us. Bill from Sandy Lake is very active in answering posts here, as is Jeff Nemes from JJ Nemes & Sons. Both are limited by the time they have available, especially in the spring and fall "rushes." I hope that others will step forward and be more active -- we all can benefit from their knowledge, experience and "dusty old parts".... As an example, we had one dealer, Cal Neely from Yankee Sales and Service, who participated in our Brooklyn CT show. He brought tractors to show, some small items to sell, and generally just mixed with the crowd. I heard many, many positive comments about him and the help/advice he freely offered. I also heard many state that they'd be contacting him for parts... Thanks a million, Cal! I encourage all dealers with an interest in this old iron to be as active as they'd like (and time allows) in club events and this discussion forum -- don't worry, we'll let you know if you go "too far" in trying to sell stuff. But in almost three years we've yet to even infer that, to my knowledge. So, to the many dealer-members, I'd like to offer my personal thanks and encouragement to join in as much as you can!

I'd also like to mention Al Eden from Eden's Ltd. Al has been very generous with his knowledge of these these machines. He's also shared his electrial expertise with the articles he has provided. We're all extremely fortunate to have people to use as resources who have the knowledge and willingness to share it that many of our Dealer members have. Thanks to all of them!