Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

tractor in pieces

ka9bxg

My kind of guy..! Have you ever though of joining the Prcrastinators Club..? I decided to join 30 years ago, but just haven't got around to doing it yet.

I can relate, though my projects-before-snowfall aren't nearly as serious... I sold both the snowblower and snow blade that I've been using this summer, and now I have to get a different snowblower working, including a making a lift rod. I got a heavy-duty dozer blade (to replace the LD snow/dirt blade) but I need to paint it, and fab both a lift rod and the rod that releases and adjusts the angle from the seat. But, I'm still mowing grass and just started picking up leaves -- they're just starting to fall -- so I can't easily do both quickly. Think I'll try to get the blade working on the Big Ten first.... Herb -- what are the "annual dues" on the procrastinator's club -- I think I'm a few payments behind....

Well I took the old 3212 apart today.It has been in the family since 1970 and has done a good job but the bevel gear box is loose(bad key ways) variable speed pulleys are loose and the engine is very tired out.So now comes the fun part of making new parts new key ways and new keys along with a engine rebulid. This is not going to be a restoration but a rebulid so I can use it for snow blowing this winter and cutting the grass in the summer.I know that I am not rushing at all since it is oct now and I have lots of time to get it done before the snow starts comming down.

Herb, I was going to contact you about the procrastinator's club but guess what ? I too can't find the time. You know those words from that song, tomorrow ? I myself have decided that my B-210 is not going to be together for this winter ( bummer ) BUT my 1 ton Chevy 4 wheel drive dump truck with a 8 foot blade will. Just had to respond, Al