Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Things that make me go.......... Hmmmm

Kent

As I understand it, Theodore Kazynski (the Unabomber) lived in the U.S., mailed bombs to select individuals, worked alone, was not supported by any government or corporation, and was not raising little Unabombers. In contrast, Muslim terrorists live everywhere, mail Anthrax and other germs to anyone, conspire with others, are supported by networks, and are recruiting and raising little terrorists. It took the FBI 18 years to capture Kazynski……… Hmmmm ************ As I understand it, inmates in U.S. maximum security prisons are routinely stripped and cavity searched for contraband. Yet, every time prisons are turned out, boxes of knives, razors, and other weapons are discovered. In contrast, airline passengers are not stripped and cavity searched. Even if they were, would it do any good……… Hmmmm *********** Just heard on the news that airport security personnel may be held responsible for breaches in security. Are these the same security personnel that are being paid minimum wage..? I wonder how long it would take a $6.00 per hour employee to make restitution for the $60,000,000,000 WTC property damage……… Hmmmm **************** Just heard on the news that the critical shortage of Sky Marshals may take years to correct. How about off duty cops..? I never had a problem hiring them and off duty firemen to deliver trucks over hundreds of miles. Seems to me there is a natural resource just waiting to be tapped.…… Hmmmm

powermax_paul
Dutch, If they hold airport security personell responsible for terrorist attacks, I wonder how many off-duty cops you'll be able to convince to act as sky marshals? Paul

powermax_paul
Just give the off-duty cops absolute immunity. Holding minimum wage employees responsible for anything is a sickening joke. It's just a way to get the over-paid under-performing management off the hook. Hey, I'm starting to sound like a liberal again. I had brief liberal thoughts the other day when I agreed with Democrats that President Bush shouldn't withhold information from Congress. I believe if any member of Congress leaks information that jeopardizes the military, they should be tried for treason and hung. That should make almost everyone happy. How about that Paul..?

Several years ago (don't know if it is still the case) in the city of Kennesaw, Georgia, it was against the law NOT to own a gun. while the law wasn't stringently enforced, it certainly sends a message to everyone... I'm not suggesting that this should be widely done, since there's many around us that I don't trust with their cars, much a gun....

A truly novel idea in our nation today would be to hold the perpetrators responsible. Also have you ever noticed all of the Citizens in Israel that openly carry weapons around each day? Also have you ever seen large amounts of crime in rural america where most homes have a gun? Just maybe people have it all wrong these days. Instead of teaching anti-gun ethics in the schools, maybe we ought to be teaching how to use firearms safely and effectivly. Maybe we ought to be licensing responsible citizens to carry firearms instead of trying to ban firearms. Seems to me if the war is coming to our doorstep we need to rethink a few things. I guess I'm just leaning a little off center (to the right) today. Oh, and while I'm over here on the right anyhow , building gallows and having public hangings ain't a bad idea at all Herb! Might set an example and get would be criminals to think a little.......................

powermax_paul
Herb, Maybe the voters that put that congressperson in place be hung for treason instead of the congressman who leaks the info? Isn't that how pure conservatism works (IE, the sh__ rolls down hill theory)? I was a victim of it too many times, which is why I got out of a corporate atmosphere. I was directed to implement changes that I was later blamed for implementing. Sam, I don't know about your schools, Sam, but in Wisconsin, our public schools ARE used by local law enforcement and DNR officials for hunter safety courses. Isn't it funny though that the NRA is NEVER involved in any/sponsors any gun or hunter's safety programs? All the while the NRA is opposed to waiting periods, registration, and mandatory background checks. Paul

Our local school here has a rifle program that does get some support from the NRA, sent one kid to natioals last year and thier undeated so far this year. the coach is a firm believer in absolute gun control,Hit Your Target..MPH

The NRA is a strong advocat of firearm safety. They offer firearm training through certified instuctors nationwide. They also have their Eddie Eagle program which teaches kids about gun safety. Education is the key. The media always paints the NRA as a bunch of loose cannons who think that everyone should own a gun. Check the record, the NRA is the staunchest supporter of my and your second amendment rights. They fight for the rights of law abiding citizens to own firearms. I am a life member of the NRA and damn proud of it. I praise the NRA for allowing me to obtain the tools for defending my family and I.

powermax_paul
Tim, Why don't I see any NRA support in the DNR safety programs here? Also, why does the NRA oppose registration, waiting periods, and background checks? I own and use firearms, but don't subscribe to that type of mentality. I support gun ownership by LAW ABIDING CITIZENS ONLY! I don't mind waiting several days to buy a gun, & I also don't mind anyone checking my background. Only responsible citizens should have weapons. I think the media is right in this case! Paul

Paul, Hang those who voted for the treasonous dog..? Mostly liberal voters would be hung. I say that because Nixon won his re-election by a landslide. When his misdeeds were exposed, hardly anyone would admit they voted for him. The conservatives felt betrayed and were ashamed. Conversely, when Clinton was exposed, the shameless liberals were still proud of him and his gang of drones. As for the corporate atmosphere, I agree, it’s strange. I was fired once for refusing to implement changes. Two years later, I was offered the guy’s job who had fired me.

Tim & Paul, I agree with both of you. On one hand, I disagree with the NRA for opposing any form of gun control. On the other hand, I have witnessed what happens to law abiding citizens who register their guns. Here in New Jersey a few years ago, it became illegal to own certain types of firearms. Law enforcement knew exactly who owned those legally owned weapons and confiscated them. Now only the owners of unregistered weapons still own them.

As far as I know all one has to do is ask the NRA about gun safety programs and they will jump right in. There is no opposition that I am aware of to waiting periods. Registration is the first step to confiscation and history shows this. Only traitors to freedom would be behind such, wittingly or unwittingly.(no offense intended, but its the way I feel). Background checks are still up in the air, as if it was truly instant would not be a big problem, but thus far I have heard or waits in excess of a month or more. Unacceptable. In fact its unacceptable for lawful citizens to be penalized at all for the misdeeds of a few. Guns don't kill people, PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE. Punishing the persons commiting crimes is the key. A few public hangings of people using firearms in a crime would go a long way to cleaning up the problem. And for all those bleeding heart Bible thumpers who preach forgiveness and salvation, they need to take another look at the words in that book that they carry around and obviously never read. Capital punishment and destroying your enemy is also present The Word of God. I get tired of preachers who teach only the parts they want to and leave the rest silent Dutch, now you got me going again. I need to pitch this soapbox out of sight and get to work on some tractors for a while. I'm falling too far behind. By the way I'm a NRA lifer too!

I joined the NRA several years ago. For 1 year. In that year they mailed me probably a dozen or more notices to re-up and lots of literature displaying their brand new multi-million dollar headquarters building. I'm a hunter and recreational buckskin tanner and thought joining the NRA would be a good thing to do to preserve my right to gun ownership. But from that 1 year experience the NRA just came off as a another money seeking, self serving group. I couldn't help but think that those working in the brand new fancy building were making several times more $ per year than me by playing on people's emotions and generocity. By they way, a friend gave me my first deer hide to tan this season earlier this week. A large buck. Still recouperating from a broken right arm (get the final cast off Oct. 30) so I stuck it in the freezer for now. Brent[A href='http://www.braintan.com']http://www.braintan.com[/a]

I have no problem with qualified people owning guns, the crime rate down south is alot lower because if you are an idiot trying to rob a home are you going to be scared of: A: A police officer who will handcuff you, put you in prison, and get let off on parol, or... B: A home owner with a shotgun, who can kill you in his house and/or on his property, call the police, and get away with it. I think we all know the correct answer, I think gun ownership is a privelidge in every way, if you follow the rules, it is fine to own one, sure some idiot will try something stupid, but they never get away....I got this from a man down south I know with his own personal experience,-BradW

trouble with any gun control is its like a cancer, it just keeps on growing, infecting only the law abiding people. MPH

Brad, I agree with you. Just don’t let the liberals confuse “Privileges” with “Rights”. Parents can take away a child’s “privilege” to watch TV, but they cannot take away a child’s “right” to breathe. Gun ownership is an American RIGHT protected by the 2nd Amendment of our Constitution. [A href='http://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/constitution.billofrights.html']http://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/constitution.billofrights.html[/a]