Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

What happened to Political Correctness..?

DGBork

The U.S. Military practices reduced bombings of Afghanistan on Fridays because that is the Muslim day of prayer. The war on terrorism may be suspended between November 17th and December 16th in observance of Ramadaan, the Muslim holy days. I must be missing something. The last I heard this was not a war on Islam or the Muslim people. So what’s the difference when Muslims celebrate..? Whatever I’m missing, what happened to “Political Correctness”..? If the U.S. doesn't want to offend Muslims, what about offending the Jews..? Doesn't the U.S. care about Jews..? Saturday is their sabbath, and Channukah is right around the corner. Why is the military bombing on Sundays. That’s the Christian Sabbath, and Christmas is coming. Is it okay for the military offend Christians..? How about the Hindus..? What about Kwanzaa..? Doesn’t the U.S. care if people of color are offended..? Come to think about, how about all the other holidays and festivals (See Link) Perhaps the military should stop until they learn how to perform bombing with sensitivity and understanding without offending people.[A href='http://www.eastlondonsa.com/ddcal/religiou.html']http://www.eastlondonsa.com/ddcal/religiou.html[/a]

Perhaps to help put off the inevitable world war which may be slowly dragging its way forward. I have to wonder if perhaps the real goal of the terrorists is not to break the spirit, nor the economy , nor will of the American people, but to incite the Americans into a vast hatred of anything Arab, anything Muslim. Bringing the Americans, citizen by citizen to acts of hatred and violence to muslims in a slow but steady pace. Perhaps it is their ultimate and final goal to incite all out war between East and West by swaying Americans into a uncontrolled frenzy of hatred and anger and instilling equal hatred and anger in the growing population of Muslim extremists. These terrorists are no cowards, they are no fools. They are cold, calculating, manipulative, and 100% devoted to their cause. If one looks, one can see that they are actively manipulating both sides of the coin here knowing full well that if the game they are building gets to a certain point it will not matter whether or not they are killed by bombs or other, at that point their game will be played out as they have designed it with or without them. As Kents posted statistics may have shown the failure of their efforts by what we SUPPOSE their goals to be, was indeed it a faliure by THEIR goals????

In reply to your political correctence ? Herb I can only relate a jingle I learned during a Chrimas cease fire long ago ""jingle bells, shot gun shells, VC in the grass, take this merry christmas day and cram it up your --- MPH Sam your right on your discription of these terrorists, thier minds can't differ much from hitlers..

Marty, cute poem. That reminds me, during the Vietnam War it was American policy to reduce hostilities during “Tet Nguyen Dan” (Vietnamese New Year). The VC didn’t share our “political correctness” and launched the “Tet Offensive” in 1968, which many believe was the turning point to our loss of that war. The “Tet Offensive” always reminded me of the “Battle of Trenton”, that many believe was the turning point ending with our winning the American Revolution. The link below is for those who don’t know about our “First American Christmas”. Yup, I must be missing something.[A href='http://www.eclipse.net/~gvalis/ggv/NJrev/battles/Trenton.html']http://www.eclipse.net/~gvalis/ggv/NJrev/battles/Trenton.html[/a]

Not sure if I saw a hint of it on hear, somewhere else, or had a thought on it, but I say reinstate the draft, go though basic and some military needed field, then serve at airport duty for one year if not needed elsewhere. But ALL young men serve two years, refuse to serve, you get a one way ticket outta country...MPH

Usama Bin Laden is today's hitler, the U.S. scared the crap out of hitler,then he killed himself, hopefully after we get answers bin laden will do the same, no matter what you do, some jack@$$ like bin laden will be around, but it is stupid to go to war with a country that could wipe their own out in a few hours, afghanistan will probably become the next hiroshema....-BradW

In response to your question "What happened to Policical Correctness...", I can only hope that it has gone the way of the "Hula-Hoop" and "Pet Rocks." On the way in to the base this morning, I was "surfing" the AM radio channels listening to the latest news. I must have heard at least 4 or so talk shows talking about the different anti-terrorist acts being worked through Congress, and the need for public debate before "short-sightedly" we give up some of our "constititution rights" and "privacy." I was both amused at the naivete and frustrated by the "short-sightedness" of the individuals involved. I wish they'd go back and re-read the Constitution and Bill of Rights before they profess to be experts. For example, show me in either document the "right to board a commercial airliner...", whether you are a native-born WASP citizen or one of middle-eastern or southwest-Asian descent. Instead you'll see how much of the constititution deals with the responsibility of the government for common defense and the rights of the individual for self-defense. The inconveniences and powers for increased surveillance being pushed through the Congress in order to deal with this terrorist threat is a "drop in the bucket" compared to what was asked of American citizens in WWII -- MANY things were rationed, travel was restricted, blackouts were enforced, etc. Sadly, one of the side-effects of "all-volunteer services" is the mindset that we have "paid mercenaries" who are supposed to do all the dirty work, and show it to us on CNN for everyone's entertainment, while life for the citizens at large can go on with little interruption. Then, we're expected to do it "cleanly" with no military casualties on our side, nor any civilian casualties on the other side. War is NASTY stuff -- intended to kill people, not just destroy objects and make loud noises. I sincerely wish with all my heart that EVERY American citizen, native-born or naturalized, was required to perform two years of public service (military, cops, firmen, hospitals -- military or civic, public works projects -- clean up our national parks that the CCC Corps built or fight forest-fires, humanitarian relief, etc.). The price of freedom is NOT free, but too few are familiar with the actual costs.... I think many, if not most, are willing to pay their share, but without an ENFORCED, UNIVERSAL draft the military is no longer representative of the population-at-large, and too few of our citizens volunteer to serve the public at large in ANY capacity.... We've seen a resurgenge of patriotism, but I ask how did it erode away in the rirst place? I'll put my soapbox away, and say I agree with you wholeheartedly, Herb -- with only the caution that THE primary goal of these fanatical Muslims is to turn this into a Holy War, uniting all Muslim nations against the Western world....

I don't think Hitler was frightend of anything, those sorts never are, and neither is Bin Laden. Hitler lost the war primarily from his own direct interference with military strategy(more evidence of the Hand of God??). Had he left the war to his generals the chances are very great that the outcome of the war in europe would have been much different. Examples being, they would have vanquished England by 1941(leaving no where to leap from on D-Day), developed the ME262 purely as the intercept fighter it clearly was(ending the allied dominance in the skies), put the type XXI U-Boat into service much earlier (complicating supplies), and perhaps even developing the atomic bomb ahead of the schedule that they were already on. Besides Bin Laden wishes to be a Martyr, he is not afraid of dieing, and Afganistan is not Bin Ladens country. Do you really think he cares what happens to it?????? We are at war with a "Movement" not a nation, and it is a movement that spreads across many nations. If you thought the intracacies that started WW1 were bad this is much worse. Put your gloves on and handle with care.