Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B10 Briggs Engine

LesH

I am working on a Model 23d Briggs engine on a B10. After running about 15 minutes the engine will start to cough and sputter and then quit. Still has a nice blu spark though. After putting in new points, condensor, plug and cleaning out and rebuilding the carburetor twice, cleaning out the gas tank, adding a new fuel filter it still does this. Sounds like it is starving for fuel. Gas line is not kinked or too low to reach carburetor. Am I missing something?? Any ideas?? Thanks

Mine did something like that. Put on new filter and looked good on outside Hose was callapsed on the inside could not push a needle through it no gas either. Let us know what you find. Scott

I hate to tell you this but it is the coil.It runs fine at idle but as you bring it up to full throttle it starts to backfire and will not keep running.Spark will look good even with a tester in line but will not run right.I know this for a fact as I have replaced 5 of them in the last year.The bad thing is they are on my tractors.Not cheep even thoe I use after market coils.Good luck.Bob