Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Buickgsman

Landlord Resto Pics (Trying to finish her up!)

Buickgsman

I am about 30% done with the restoration of my Landlord and figured I would post a few pics. I'm getting excited to say the least. I'm waiting for the rims to come back from powder coating to put the tires on. It will be a nice milestone to get it back on 4 tires. I will keep adding pics as I progress.Bob

IMG_20110801_174551.jpg

rokon2813

Looks really good. :D:D:D

Just one tip, get the drive shaft in there soon. Its a bear once too many more parts are in that little space. Don't ask how I know. :o:O

Buickgsman

More of todays progress. I have most of the smaller parts painted and back on. I got the steering back together. The less parts on the bench the better! Looking forward to getting the tires on and I am beginning on my grill resto tomorrow.

IMG_20110802_214520.jpg

IMG_20110802_214520.jpg.74b322fa5025d370f1315c155131acb6.jpg

snohiker

that grill looks sweet can i ask were you got the chrome done thats one hurdle i havent jumped yet the rest is turning out nice but the grill ive been thinking about alot

Buickgsman

This is actually not a rechrome. I sourced some pre chromed steel and replaced the old stuff. I made a fixture to put everything back in the correct place and this is how it came out. I am going to offer my services for anyone wanting to restore their grill. I will post shortly in the appropriate area.

gwiseman
quote:Originally posted by Buickgsman

This is actually not a rechrome. I sourced some pre chromed steel and replaced the old stuff. I made a fixture to put everything back in the correct place and this is how it came out. I am going to offer my services for anyone wanting to restore their grill. I will post shortly in the appropriate area.

id="quote">
id="quote">C double O L

Buickgsman

That depends on who puts the tires on. I have access to a tire machine and could put the rears on, but I will chip the inside of the rims. SOOOOO I bring all 4 to the local truck tire place and they do a nice job of not scratching anything. Worth the 30 bucks!

Bob

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• WisconsinWelder
    • TomSchmit
    • littlemarv
    • RayS
    • Wilbur643
    • Drhulv
    • locknut
    • gregc
    • PhanDad
    • Henry0507
  • Today's Birthdays

1. thmsdoyle
      thmsdoyle
      (60 years old)
  • Recent Status Updates

• F.U.N.

F.U.N.  »  sandyhillbill

Dear Sandhillbill
      Can you please copy me on this data, for Sun Star parts list.
      :
      September 12, 2004 Mike I sent you a PM and have all the mfgs. available for the tiller/hitch/pto/liftgroup if you need me to send them to you. Let me know. Thanks, F.U.N.    
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Club banners are available  for members use during show season https://simpletractors.com/forums/topic/57849-simpletractors-club-banners-available/

· 0 replies
  • Adverts