Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Ebay listings

lboy1971

I always search on ebay using a wildcard. Example: simpli* mow* The example above will find simplicity mower mowing etc. It will also catch items that have their names misspelled. Another example: tractor* This will find tractor and tractors. Works for me.

Is there a special way that you people are listing your parts and what not for simplicity on ebay? Just typing simplicity gets about 800 listings of everything from dolls to accu-tek test strips. Maybe we should encourage everyone to always use the word Simplicity plus another word not likely to be used with the other types of listings. Like, tractor, garden, lawn. That way all we have to do is type in Simplicity Tractor, or whatever we come up with, to see the stuff we want. Would sure be faster than looking through pages of stuff or typing in a hole bunch of words we don't want in the more specific search page they have. Anyone have any ideas?

Good point. I have the following "Stored Searches" on Ebay, just as an example -- Highest likelihood, emailed to me: Simplicity tractor Allis garden (so I don't get all the farm tractor stuff) Simplicity mower Then I have these that I must manually ask for, on the "My Ebay" page: allis lawn allis mower homelite garden montgomery tractor yard tractor garden tractor lawn mower The email alerts work pretty good -- you get one a day, per search, that notifies you of new items listed in the last 24 hours that meet your search criteria. Only complaint is that they're a bit slow -- items could have been listed for a whole day (depending on when it was listed) before you get notified by email. If you're going to use Ebay a lot, I recommend you set up a "My Ebay" page (free) where you can see what you're watching, bidding on, store searches, etc. I'm not saying this is "THE WAY" to do, only that that's what I do... I'd love to hear tips from other Ebay shoppers.

Actually there is a specific way to do this. At the ebay home page, under categories, click on home and garden. On the page that it takes you to click on gardening. That takes you to the gardening section. If you then type in simplicity on the search area in that section it is only simplicity stuff that is listed under gardening, which most everybody lists their tractor articles under. You can even program this search into your favorites if you are an ebay member to save a few steps.