Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

This is terrible

LesH

Careful, guys! It appears we're treading in territory that can bring the "dialog police" down on us again. In all honesty I've never seen a post on this site that even came close to offending me. Of course I was'nt raised by Ward & June Cleaver either so that may have some bearing on it. As a Navy vet I'm sure I could bet the south 40 on what the swab jockey who penned that "nose art" exactly meant and WIN...... Dick

Well put Dick..MPH A more sensitivity military???I'm confussed, thought the military mission was to blow things up and kill in defence of our freedom to express ourselves, at least before policical correctness put this nation on her knees..

You can see how definition #2 came about after learning the 1st. In maritime speak a fag is a loose end. Usually meaning the loose end of a line, a very useless thing. A vessel with numerous "fag ends" might find itself three sheets to the wind. Stan Good God, not again. Disconnected when I hit submit. StanS, n1nni@tds.net

I myself see no problem with that phrase, war is not to be pretty, suppose bin laden said bush was impotent?? what would we do then, tell them to be more sensitive? NO! We would bomb them even harder, I fail to see the military needing "sensitivity" training, if anything, how to fight even harder....-BradW

Look what was written on one of our weapons..! Terrible..! Thankfully, naval officials apologized. I’m sure whoever wrote this meant a “tired person”, “cigarette”, or “drudge”. However, “fag” could be misinterpreted as meaning “faggot”. It’s one thing for us to bomb the Taleban. But to possibly insult homosexual enemy troops is another matter. Suppose this weapon didn't explode..? The enemy would be able to read this and they may be offended. Terrible..! Our military needs more sensitivity training.[A href='http://dailynews.yahoo.com/hTX/ap/20011018/us/attacks_bomb_slur_1.html'][img src='http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20011011/capt.1002789017attacks_military_xent191.jpg'][/a]

I think if any one of us would be over there knowing what happened on 9-11-01 and getting our butts shot at, we would be writing how we felt on those bombs, and not caring about the politics of lanquage.

Jim, Where have you been the last few decades..? “Sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never hurt you” has been invalidated by the PC crowd. I’ve only suffered physical injuries, and after the wound heals the scar doesn’t bother me. I’ve been called names, but I just shrug it off. I guess I just have thick skin or I’m uncaring. Apparently name calling really crushes some people. I’ve been told “words” do hurt many people, and “words” leave emotional scars that continue to hurt. Just imagine smashing your thumb with a hammer and living with that pain every minute of every day for the rest of your life. Did you ever notice that you can’t feel pain in two places at the same time..? I’ve suggested that people who claim to suffer from severe emotional pain try hitting their thumb with a hammer to get their mind off it.

How about a swift kick in the keister with a steel-toed boot? Actually, I suggest we start with the names of OUR dead and wounded, adding an inscription of: "This one is for ____________" (Fill in the blank) That gives us at least 15,000 bombs before we have to start using the names of the estimated 15,000 children who lost parents, or now approaching 1,000 involved with the anthrax tests, antibiotics, etc. Though I appreciate this spontoneity, I'm sure we can come up with something a little more original.... 8<)

Like the "This one for _________". Would be a nice touch. The PCers have wrapped up everyone into thinking that one can't say ANYTHING that might transgress the soft sensibilities of the most thin shelled individuals or groups in the name of tolerance. Unfortunately their definition of TOLERANCE means not only "tolerating" but also accepting and embracing whatever strange and/or bazarre beliefs are conjured up. Don't think so. To the PC media and crowd concerning the above..."GET OVER IT". ...jumping off the soap box.

Dutch, I wrote a letter to the editor some years back concerning the homosexual movement and how its efforts to slip their way of thinking into the classrooms and education system in America mirrored Hitlers method of changing societys way of thinking from the ground up through the education system. I recieved so much hate mail threats etc that I had to get an unlisted phone #. Funny thing was I recieved twice as many complimentary notes on my words. I agree with Jim, Looks fine to me!

What I'm hearing from this mail thread is that people on this message board feel as though homosexuality is a social movement to overthrow the heterosexual population. Unbelieveable! Do you also believe that science is a movement to undermine religion?! jason 2010 PS - Whomever wrote the note on the bomb needs to go back to highschool and learn that hijack is not spelled 'HighJack'. Clearly the message reflects poorly on our military in more than one way!

Jason, If look look up the definition of "fag" I think you will find it has several meanings. I believe the "fag" on the weapon means a “tired person” or “drudge”. Surely Taleban troops have to be tired. And they are drudges for bin Laden. All the flap over the word "fag" is an over-reaction. When I read a "fairy" tale to my grandchildren homosexuality is not inferred. To me the king & "queen" are male & female rulers, not a king and his boyfriend in drag. PS. As long as these guys protect the USA, I don't care how they spell. Besides, do you think the recipient is going to be able to read it..? BTW. High School are two separate words, not one.

They say that politics in America is like a pendulum, it swings from the left to the right. I think what we are starting to see in America, hopefully, is a swing back to the right. I think most Americans are sick of the leftist mentality of political correctness. No longer are the days that we stand by and let them take over. We have seen the ill effects of taking prayer out of classroom. My wife is a teacher. She can teach about Kwaanza, Ramadaan, and everything else but don't dare mention Jesus Christ! Christmas has become "sparkle season" in my home town. The majority now have to yield to the minority. If we stand up for what we believe in we are labeled as people that hate-bigots, homo-phobes, religious zealots, etc. I don't think hurting others for what you believe in is right but I do stand up for what I believe in. I believe that homosexuality is a sin. I don't discriminate or look down upon homosexuals who disagree with me. They have their freedom of speech and SO DO I. I don't care what anybody other than my Lord thinks. If you don't like how others on this message board feel, you are FREE to either discuss it with them or quit looking at this board. That is one of the freedoms we enjoy by these courageous men risking their lives. Just my humble opinion entitled by the good 'ole U S of A! God Bless her and long may she live.

I'm usually pretty quiet on such matters but it seems to me some are losing sight of the point and what's important here. We're at war, we've got boys, girls, men & women in combat, risking their lives for US - every second - 24 hours a day. They're protecting our freedom of speech - yet we have the audacity to criticize theirs? Give me a brake!!! If I thought they needed more markers - I'd try to send some! I'm going to support our service men & women weather they can spell or knot! John(ri)