Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Broadmoor 6011 Lawn Tractor

Tacey

Hi all. I'm a brand new member of the club. I just bought a 1978 Simplicity Braodmoor II 6011 Lawn Tractor. Seems to work fine & seems to be well-kept (Bought from the original owner). It has a 42" mower deck. Is there anything about these tractors that I should be on the look-out for,maintenance-wise? Any parts source you would recommend? I will do the maintenance myself. By the way, I came within a few days from buying a new Deere tractor, but found this tractor in a classified ad, so I thought I'd try to save a few bucks(2 kids in college). So far, I love the cut quality and my yard is wearing those eye-catchin' stripes. Thanks in advance...

Hi, I'm glad you like your Broadmoor. It was a much better purchase than a deere.I have a 68 broadmoor that cuts like a dream in my collection.In case you didn,t know Simplicity is known to have the best cut quality on the market.good luck. Jim

Hi Randy, Welcome to the club. I'm sure there are Broadmoor owners who will give you specific tips and advice on any problems. As a general tip, get yourself a parts catalog from Simplicity. Once you know part numbers, you can order parts online from one of our club sponsors.

Dutch & JimV: Thanks for the quick replies. I have ordered a service manual fromm Tennies (I think they are a sponsor). I'm sure that parts list would be useful. I hope most of the part numbers are in the service manual. I have the owner's manual, but it's really limited in detail. I just ran the tractor, spreading some fall fertilizer with a little pull-behind Scott's spreader. The tractor has plenty of power (ran mostly in third gear).I was a bit disappointed with the spreader, though. Any suggestions on a good broadcast spreader (Brand, size , etc...)? Did Simplicity make one for that tractor? I ran for probably one hour, with no complaint from the tractor. A minor concern I have is that the old Briggs 11-horse engine gives off a little raw gasoline smell at times. Is this to be expected? Also I have an oil leak that fills the little trough around the motor very slowly...Any idea where that could be originating? Other than that, I am impressed with the tractor. Sure beats walking behind that 22-inch Honda Harmony (bagging to boot). Yikes!