Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

SUBJECT-AT-HAND

Dick, WELL SAID..! I think our mixed discussions is doing EXACTLY what President Bush has asked all Americans to do. When I want to "escape" for a while, I read a book or watch an old movie on TV. I don't ask my family or friends to refrain from discussing their concerns.

Gentlemen, LETS STICK TO TRACTOR "STUFF". I enjoy this site because I can momentarily forget the dundrums of daily life and enjoy a hobby with fellow owners and collectors. We all have our frustrations and fears experiencing the past month or so in the world as well as the well-being of our families, friends, and the other innocent in the world that love "FREEDOM". I don't believe the founder designed this site to satisfy his or other's political believes or what we think of other folk's actions. Let's discuss what we have in common to the sight,"tractors", and respect each other. GOD BLESS AMERICA AND ALL FREEDOM LOVING PEOPLE ON EARTH. Marion W. Kerr

Whats important to you is important to me. I am also very thankful for the discussions concerning the tractors. There always seems to be timely, informative replies. Scott

RIGHT ON! I could not agree with you more. I replied to an issue that was getting pounded a while back that was non-tractor related and I felt it got out of hand. Nubian

Can't disagree much with that, and I suppose the message datatbase is getting quite large without all the non-tractor related material showing up on a daily basis. I'll put my soapbox aside for the most part..

I look at this site as being a place to talk to friends about a common interest. I may have never meet most of you in person but I hope we can keep getting the chances. These friends at simple tractors like to converse with each other about tractors. But why limit the conversation with friends to just one subject? When you talk with your bowling friends do you just talk about bowling,or your hunting partners just talk hunting? No. Just my thoughts, Scott

Let’s not be hypocritical. This is a non-tractor post of another point of view. Marion, Sam, and Nubian, you’ve all responded to non-tractor messages. If such posts don’t interest you, just skip over them. Personally, I agree with Scott. The world has changed since 9-11. Some may even believe that those who have stuck their heads in the sand for the past 50 years have tacitly contributed to our problems. This club has elected officers. If this is even an issue, let them hold a cyber meeting and give their official position on non-tractor related posts. Until then, I say post whatever you want. Kent has the “delete key” if things get out of hand.

I am told to voice my opinion, but when I do I get bashed, this "cyberbase" is most definatley changing.... I think this is what "TomF" is talking about, this was awarded for being a family site, now, it is just adult content, for the reason someone was bashing "BrandonV" for using these symbols "ø" and "}" and so on, we don't need to be critical, please let's get along, keep it tractor related, and "FAMILY FRIENDLY"......

Brad, sorry I have to jump back in here. When were you ever "bashed"..? Opposing advice and opinions are not "bashing". It was I who asked Brendon what the "ø" and "}" symbols meant. I wasn't "bashing" Brendon, nor were I being critical. I was asking a question that still hasn't been answered. As for the recent post by TomF, Kent may have deleted the objectional post before I read it. I suspect that post may have contained vulgar language. If so, that is an entirely different matter. Everyone should be able to express themselves without using profanity. Unlike TV, movies, and public schools, I think this club is "family friendly" just as it is. There is not a single message on this entire site that I wouldn't want my wife or children to read.

Herb, Thats why I said " for the most part". I'm just not into keeping my mouth shut, just need to keep my frequency in doing it down. Hopefully when I do say something it carries weight and has some substance.

Personnaly I have "enjoyed" the non tractor posts since the 11th because they have given me a deeper knowledge of where people on this site are coming from on Real issuses. Love these ole tractors as we may guys, we could live without them if we had to. If we tighten up controls on subject matter this site will slip to the likes of yahoo sites. I love it the way it is..MPH

We are all friends here drawn to this site by a common interest, but none of us have tunnel vision especially in light of of our recent national tradgedy. Emotions are running high and will for the forseeable future. What would any of us think since 9-11 that NO posts were entered on that subject?? What we do and say here is what America is all about. Dick

Sam, I know what you mean. That's why I made the suggestion. There are so-called "tractor related" posts that I just skip past without responding.

All responders, Your right, I have responded to non-tractor related messeages. I do however believe my responses were of the "positive" nature to anyone involved. If I have offended anyone with my remarks - I am sorry. Technically I guess my post was a "non-tractor" subject. I stand "scolded" for "scolding"......

Tired, the timely,informative replys on this site is probably the single greatest PLUS that has made it the best tractor site going. Last summer when my 112 was locked-up in second and reverse I had ideas that worked in 20 min after posting. Thankyou all for that again. The non-trac posts since the 11th have just been a 'getting to know' the people behind the posts bonus to me as I have yet to meet any of you. Marion, I can relate to your concerns and others who have replied in the same line of thought, it could be possible to side track too much but I think the love of ole iron will prevail here..MPH