Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Ben Franklin Quote

MPH

My son e-mailed me this this morning, must be a good college in New Mexico. "those who sacrifice Liberty to gain a little Security deserve neither security nor Liberty" Ben Franklin...MPH

Marty I'm convinced that if our club is a true slice of America, the scrappers still outnumber the sacrificers by a pretty good margin. I have a friend who enlisted in the Navy with me and honestly wants to go back in if they'd have him. The guy is a straight talker and I don't doubt him for a minute. Trouble is 53 years of wear & tear does'nt render a body very useful in an environment like Afghanistan. I wonder what ole Ben would think of this current situation. Dick

Well dig the hole and I'll jump right in. I'm not dead yet! I resemble that 53 year old remark! I only started running marathons in 1994 and other running buddies of mine are ultra marathoners ( 100 mile plus runners,no stopping) who are in their fifties just like me. One has done the Mount Everest Marathon twice! We all gets aches and pains even young whippersnappers.

Ha Ha, I know where your comming from Woody, I'm NOT ready to give it up by any means yet but just like cars from the fifties youll find pristine examples and then some not so good---------has a lot to do with the care given during it's lifetime, or lack thereof. Dick