Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Rear mounted generator

DonMc

Interesting, I just bought one last week also. I have no literature either but would like some. I want to run a welder with it but the welder requires 20 Amps. The standard fuses are 15 Amps. Has anyone used 20 Amp fuses in one and if so did the generator handle the load OK?

I have some info on the B series generator that I e-mailed you.It's for a generator rated at 115 volts,13 amps,1500 watts at 60 cycles.the 60 cycle frequency is produced at a generator speed of 3600 rpm. Your generator should fit the A/C 300/400 series tractors also. Mack

Del, Your welder may work on the generator if you don't have the welder at its highest setting. If you blow a 15 amp fuse no big loss, but I would NOT try a higher amp fuse, that could be too costly. Scott

Hi all. I just purchased an Allis Chalmers 5000 watt generator that mounts on the back of the tractor. It is orange in color. The mounting bracket hooks over the round bar the rear lift is on and pins to the drawbar at the bottom where the rototiller pins up. The generator then bolts to this bracket and the belt is tightened with an adjusting screw. The belt drives off of the left side of the bevel gear box. Because of this set-up and the fact it is orange and has the newer triangle decal I am assuming it was made for the 700 or 900 series tractors as these tractors have the pto clutch on the end of the shaft on the bevel gear box. My question is does anybody have any literature of any kind on this unit as I have searched this sight and find no mention of it anywhere. The tag on the side of it says model BP-5. Anyone with any literature or any knowledge of this unit please respond. Any and all replys much appreciated. Don Jr.

• 5 months later...
It is designed as a 110v-117v power source for tools, lights or the like. Not welding. Unless all you have to weld is a wrist watch with.004 rod!