Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

its on this site somewhere...

Al Eden in his exaustive articles on electrics, mentions that a "FORK LIFT troubleshooting article" has step-by-step guides for doing startup problems. I can't find it. After mowing the yard today with my 725, I decided to make a slight adjustment to the clutch. Nothing happened upon trying to restart it. Nor do the lights go on. The battery is fine. I blindly looked for the obvious, checking continuity on wires, but I'm afraid I don't know what their behavior should be when power is applied. Thus, the dumb look on my face. If anyone can point me to this, or another article that would steer me through testing the electrics, I would greatly appreciate it. Right now I'm staring at the condensor/points hoping that might be it (past MG experience,) but I really don't know. Thanks folks! Galen

If your lite don't come on its likely not a problem with pts/condensor. I'd check battery terminals for loose or dirty. did your lites run through the switch??Sounds like a comon to all lose of power..MPH

Had a similar problem with my AC B-1. Finally discovered a poor connection between the frame and the battery ground cable. Odd thing was it would start cold but fail to do so after mowing a while. Hope this helps. Roy