Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
tej

3314V

tej
GREETINGS EVERYONE, THIS IS MY FIRST MESSAGE TO YOUR SITE(WHICH I THINK IS A FANTASTIC ONE). I WAS SO EXCITED TO FIND THIS SITE ITS BEYOND WORDS. I THOUGHT ONLY MY DAD AND I WERE OLD SIMPLICITY GROUPIES. HE HAS A 60'S LANDLORD WITH CONSIDERABLE SIMPLICITY ATTACHMENTS. I PURCHASED A 60'S LANDLORD LAST FALL THAT WAS ASSEMBLED FROM SPARE PARTS BOTH AC AND SIMPLICITY. BUT, THE SAME DAY I FOUND THIS SITE I FOUND A SIMPLICITY 3314V FOR SALE ON MY WAY HOME. IT IS IN VERY GOOD CONDITION (8 ON A SCALE TO 10) WITH SEVERAL SIMPLICITY ATTACMENTS INCLUDING: PLOW, ROTOTILLER, MOWER, SNOW BLADE, WHEEL WEIGHTS, SNOW CHAINS, TWO CULTIVATORS, AND A BRINLY DISC. ALL FOR THE PRICE OF $700.00 NEEDLESS TO SAY I AM VERY HAPPY AND THE SOVEREIGN LOOKS NICE NEXT TO MY BATTLE TIRED PROJECT LANDLORD. I HAVE MANY QUESTIONS CONCERNING THIS MODEL (3314V):
1) CAN I ESTIMATE THE YEAR BASED ON PAINT SCHEME?
2) WHO HAS A MANUAL FOR THIS MODEL TO SELL ME?
3) DID THIS MODEL COME WITH A HYDRAULIC LIFT OPTION?
4) DOESN'T ANYONE MAKE REPLACEMENT DECALS?
5) DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY ORIGINAL SIMPLICITY ACCESORIES FOR THIS MODEL TO SELL?
6) IS THERE A MASTER BREAKDOWN OF ALL MODELS ALONG WITH OPTIONS?
7) IS IT POSSIBLE TO RETROFIT MY TRACTOR TO HYDRAULIC LIFT ATTACHMENTS?
ANY AND ALL RESPONSES WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
LOVE THE SITE AND WOULD LIKE TO BECOME A MEMBER.
BEST REGARDS, SCOTT A. NOVAK SANOVAK@IBM.NET

tej
Scott, I assume since you have rear mounted attachments that you have the manual lift on the rear of the tractor. What you would need is the hydraulic cylinder, pump, and control valve. Best to get used off of a Simplicity or AC parts tractor. You could get these hydraulic parts from Northern or any other source and adapt then to the tractor. If you do that be sure to get a control valve with a float position. Simplicity still offers manuals for most of the old tractors. The year can best be determined from the tractor serial number or the engine serial number. Don't have a clue on Simplicity decals. What additional attachments are you looking for. Did you check the club classified adds. Tim

richp
Concerning the power lift, it just so happens I swapped one over on my 64 Landlord today. I bought A 3112 from DLC yesterday and after hauling it back, first thing this morning I started dimantling the powerlift unit. It took me about 6 hrs. to take off one tractor and bolt on my old one.All I had to do was slide the motor forward on the landlord to bolt the pump pulley. Everything is interchangable between these models. I'm going to put the manual lift on the 3112 because i'm only going to cut lawns with it. One thing I'll say about the powelift, it was well worth the time, I had never used one before and I don't know if i'll be able to do without one now . Just my 2 cents.If you have any questions, email me. Rich P.

tej
Scott. As know the 3314V (I own a 1971 model) it was built in 1971 and 1972?? If the whole hood tips forward as one unit it is the newer chassis. They did not make a hydraulic lift for this chassis. They did make a electric lift. The electric lifts were not very durable and are hard to find used. You can still get an electric lift by buying the parts BUT IT IT'LL COST YOU CLOSE TO WHAT YOU PAID FOR YOUR WHOLE DEAL.

Good Luck, MS