Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Thougts while Tractoring

Tuffy

As I targeted leaves and mulched them and sucked them into my TracVac tow behind vacuum & trailer, I consumed them with pinpoint accuracy and forwarded the results to the rendering bin. I daydreamed of how I would love to be on the trail of not leaves but Osama Bin Laden, and target him with pinpoint accuracy grinding up the remains and casting them into the rendering pit. Sigh. Typical daydreaming on a warm fall day. The leaves were falling as fast as I vac'd em up it seemed. It was raining leaves at times. Soon it will be time to mount the snowblower and dream of doing even more damage to Osama. just daydreaming ... Steve

Hmmm might have to entertain that thought, possibly in the morning, for my 3rd snowblowin job this year. Might have to quit blowing a few areas as it takes me 2 hrs. MPH

MPH, have you ever considered buying the tires and rims from a wonderboy 700? The rims and tires on mine are alot narrower than the regular B-112 tires, we used them on my B-10 last year when I blew snow with it since they were at least the same width.-BradW

Brad, my problem is really my own cause, I have brand new 6 inch lugs on my 725 that I need to rebuild the engine on this winter so I should put them on the 112, but it looks so whimmy with them, sooooooo I need a 42 in blower. I also have 8in tires and chains, just stupid. MPH

Yeah, they looked funny on my B-10, but they sure did alot better than the turf tires with chains, that more PSI per square inch sure helped me anyways, I am getting lazy, I am starting to collect Case farm tractors, that is all my grandpa uses, I guess it could be a case of brand loyalty, but a 41' VC with a case snowblade and aftermarket vinal cab will sure be nice. What all Case tractors did you use? I still run a DC-4, VC, 300 utillity, 400, 1070, and 2390. -BradW

He He!!! Git a bigger blower Marty. Course then that would take the fun out of it. I think doin more with less is the motto of us garden tractor types. Steve, I think we should let Marty up there in Tok have a go at Bin-Baby!! I know when it was all said & done Marty could relate a "chilling" tale of Bin's demise!! Dick

Brad, we had a '37 CC on rubber, an older one on steel I never ran and a DC that was our work horse on 320 acres. My brothers father-in-law still has the DC, my sis uses the farmall H with loader on her farm and I've been told the steel wheeled CC is in Minden Ne. the rest of the farm stuff I haven't a clue who got cuz I was on "vaction" to sunny siagon area when the farm sale took place. We use to have an old Cushman 2.5hp one bangger we ran the grain ele with I would love to get my hands on just cuz it was so cool. The 830's and 930's you mentioned a few posts back were the dream tracs of my high school years. used to go to Nebr trac test day with dad once a year, all the to Mead Ne.,maybe 100 miles..later, gotta go hang rock yet tonight..Mph

Dick, I would love to find a 42in blower for the 112. not so much to get done faster, the 36in leaves 2in of tire stickin out on both sides. MPH

MPH, The center of the rear tires on your B-112 are off-set. If you take them off and turn them over you can narrow it by a couple inches. The BGB shaft may rub a tad on the left side. If you have the tiller pulley on it, it will NOT work. Jordan