Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Need your expertise

SmilinSam

How do you get these cursed bevel ended snap rings out that hold the bearing in place on a 300 series AC electric clutch????????????????????????????

Sam, Several small screw drivers, three hands and a lot of cussing. If you can get a small screwdriver under the end of the ring the rest is just plain determination. Ron

Sam, got tired of fighting with snap rings and spend about 25 bucks at NAPA on a set of plier with interchangeable tips. Seem of all the tips in the set, doing my 112 tranny last summer I found inserting the tip backward did best on the beveled ones. A good set is a Good investment on these ole irons, seems Simplicity loved them curse-able things..MPH

I like the interchangeable tips too, except I keep loosing the tips. I have about 6 pairs of the solid tip pliers (the kind with cross hatching) that I've ground down for specific jobs.

I took it to work for a little help, It took four hands, three screwdrivers and a few words to get it out. I tried the snap ring pliers but couldn't get a good enough bite. Thanks. What brand of snap ring pliers do you guys buy again?