Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Kent, CT antique tractor show - Jim V., Kent, etc.

SmilinSam

Hi guys, I know that this is a little early for next fall, but when I was at the Brooklyn show, I spoke w/ both Jim V. and Jim Chabot, one of the Cub Cadet guys. The Kent Connecticut Antique Machinery show came up and I think that both of you may have been interested. This show has a large quanity of large farming equipment/steam powered machinery and honestly, blew the Brooklyn show away. If you folks are interested in having a Simplicity/AC set-up, I could contact the club president, as he is a family friend to see if they are interested in large vintage garden tractor displays. Please disregard my email as it is no longer correct, but contact me evenings at (860) 350-2556. Hope to hear from you, Jim. I also check this site every weekend. In Allis Chalmers heaven (I just bought number seven, an HB-212!!!) Colin Brown

Hey Colin! You got snagged ridin on that John Deere 110 in the New England show picture. Don't feel too bad I got snagged in that same picture! I just picked up a B-10 in need of some work. If I can get it done I'd for sure bring it to Kent. If not I can always bring my restored Cub 122 or the restored Green tractor that belongs to my son. Keep in touch. Ken Nasty

Hi Colin, when is the kent show anyway? I have heard it is a super show.I'm not sure the guys wouuld want to move the get together date at brooklyn But I can't see why we couldn't do both. We may get more guys from the NY area at the kent location but it may be too far for the NH guys. If you want to get the ball rolling on a Kent show I would go as long as it isn't memorial day.

I just want to know who was kind enough to name a show after me! ;<) I agree to not moving away from the Brooklyn show, but am certainly not opposed to adding other shows. How about a meeting at the Orange, Massachusetts (name is certainly appropriate) show on the third weekend in June? I like that show, since it has steam engines, hit & miss, antique farm tractors, and there is no organized competition from any other L&G brand that I'm aware of....

OK guys, I'm back on line briefly!! Yes, Ken Nasty and I were snagged in the John Deere being towed photo - I was riding/steering the dead John Deere at Brooklyn. I certainly didn't mean to abandon the Brooklyn show - especially since the Kent show is earlier in the year. Generally, the show is late September and lasts for two days. I believe that the dates were the 22nd and 23rd. I will look into this with the club president who I know and will post another message as to whether they can handle a showing like you guys put on in Brooklyn. Thanks, Colin

I think orange and Kent would be good.In my opinion tractor shows are like tractors, beer and other things I can't mention on this board.lol You can't have too many.I think we should do a ton of little get togethers as well as big ones.We got a great response at the Broolyne show from people walking through.The thing of it is people like old garden tractors and I think in time it is going to get even more popular.Kent had said to me that he would like to see guys build on what we have. Things like regional meetings and such. not everyone can do everything but it is fun to have different events to go to.