Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

DaveTenney

Big Ten seat mounting

DaveTenney

How did the seat on the Big ten mount? Mine had all it's parts disintegrated so I can't tell how it went together.

Did the wood bolt directly to the seat pan or was the some sort of isolation mount or metal spacer?

Any help is appreciated!

Dave

Kent

There were 4 rubber mounts that had bolt/studs molded into them, to absorb the vibration. You can see a pair of them in this pic, where I was putting a seat adjustment track on my HB-216 (aka B-210 modded).

slider809.jpg

huffy

Last I checked the rubber mounts are still available from a dealer. Original Simplicity part # was 157094. I don't know the superseding part #, but the dealer should be able to find it.

GLPointon

Nice mod Kent! I like adjustability...This pic has a combo fender/seat pan (only 100 & 200 series). Isn't the big ten more like the B10 which mounts on brackets?? (but I never had a BigTen) just an observation sm01

quote:Originally posted by Kent

There were 4 rubber mounts that had bolt/studs molded into them, to absorb the vibration. You can see a pair of them in this pic, where I was putting a seat adjustment track on my HB-216 (aka B-210 modded).slider809.jpg

id="quote">
id="quote">

bowhunt4life

There are two brackets that mount to the seat cushion and the back cushion and then the four rubber stoppers, which are available, with bolts molded thru them come up from under the seat pan.

IMG00297-1.jpg

DaveTenney

I did end up figuring it out...Here is a picture of the tractor with the seat on it. My wife upholstered the seat for me, and I bought the rubber mounts from my local dealer.

Originally posted by superbman101

I did a CAD file for this way back hope this helps sm01

IMG_0739.JPG

IMG_0739.JPG.7f329c593e28efbf8a92d810cadecd0b.JPG