Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

17GTH-L Added Pictures with Decals

midnightpumpkin

Here are some pictures of our 17GTH-L

front.jpg

left.jpg

engine.jpg

paint.jpg

The paint I used is all rattle can.ACE Premium OrangeRustoleum Metallic Matte NickelRustoleum Semi Gloss BlackI like the color of the ACE Premium Orange, but it does not flow our as nicely as the Rustoleum AC Orange I have used in the past.Anyone have any experience with clear coat over the ACE product???John U

front.jpg.2a83d8e1ef5262085fb32899d88cd810.jpg

left.jpg.c8aff9b1770af30e29987d116abd3238.jpg

engine.jpg.56484ef90c6e75864dab83f09510ea20.jpg

paint.jpg.57662ee9352ddff54c3b69a68b3575cd.jpg

Well the ACE rattle cans hold up well I did a 7112 in it still looked great after 3 to 4 years buddy has it now and still looks that good just if he would give it a wash more often. Jon yours looks good man .

John.

Greg's may still be in primer, but mine is still in oxidation (rust).

Can't find any large plastic tubs. Must be the back to college crowd grabbing them up. Wading pools are a rare item around here also! Maybe I can find something at TSC this week. That GT looks great!

Wayne

Looks great John. I'm looking forward to the pics with decals.

What happened to the seat hinges and springs? They sure help smooth the ride. I believe they were stock on all GTH-L's.

Is it going to be a worker?

• 3 months later...

I finally got around to taking a couple of pictures of the 17GTH-L with the decals on it.Yes it is a worker!

7117b.JPG

7117c.JPG

7117a.JPG

7117d.JPG

John U

7117b.JPG.7b7699be5f4c6819d04871bf1761d389.JPG

7117c.JPG.133f326c2cefe361828d49e822ceefad.JPG

7117a.JPG.4ede6986a48441e48facc056de3e5b05.JPG

7117d.JPG.8216e4c6451b27cc098d3873f3eec20e.JPG

The hinged chute deflector came on a 990885 mower deck.

It is very handy in tight spots and when parking the tractor in close quarters.

John U

Very nice John!

I'm amazed how much the new decals really finish it off...whatta beaut ;)

ps...I have used the "Orange, Ace Premium Enamel" on all my Simplicity projects except my 7116 Sovy, I tried the Simplicity brand paint...I liked the Ace better and its held up on my 7010 for 9 yrs before last yrs touch up/repaint sm01

I was really getting used to it without the decals; but it didn't take long to decide the decal view is even better.

I like that paint too. I can't tell if it's orange-red or red-orange; kinda wondering if it's close to AC Orange. I'd have to see it beside an Allis - meanwhile my eyes are going crazy. :D I think it's more Orange; very interesting. It seems to be a very bright colour - almost a touch of flourescent. 4i

Congrats on a great project. dOd

Jim,

I have, at times, been tempted to see if I could sub-contract mowing the park across the street from my house, just to get the seat time!

John U

Graham the link below show how close the ACE Premium Enamel is to the Simplicity brand Orange used on the 7000/7100 series & alot before. Its actually as perfect a match as you can get "off the shelf"http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=119544John and I and many others here use it...sm01

quote:Originally posted by MysTiK

I was really getting used to it without the decals; but it didn't take long to decide the decal view is even better.I like that paint too. I can't tell if it's orange-red or red-orange; kinda wondering if it's close to AC Orange. I'd have to see it beside an Allis - meanwhile my eyes are going crazy. :D I think it's more Orange; very interesting. It seems to be a very bright colour - almost a touch of flourescent. 4iCongrats on a great project. dOd

id="quote">
id="quote">

• Who's Online (See full list)

• a_sannine
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site maintenance scheduled to begin 10a CDT on 3/16/24
      · 0 replies
  • Adverts