Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
CVSB10JCS

Rear Lift Info Needed

CVSB10JCS

I recently got one of the newer Soverigns with the Kohler Command engines and want to add a rear lift. Can I use the "hickie" from a B-Series tractor, (the socket thing) and what cable should I purchase?

RayS

Do you plan on using a moldboard plow on this setup or not. If you do the B series rear lift tube does not have the need hole in it like the correct rearlift tube does. You will still need to buy the larger bushing that fits into the larger hole in the upright support that it is installed in. That is $30 bucks. You can use either the cable for the 7000 series that is $75 or make your own or the correct cable with the adjuster that is around $74 for both.

I would put a ad in the classifieds. I got the whole package in the spring from another member for $60 dollars.

There was or is a rear lift tube on ebay for $29.00 the other day. That is cheap for the correct part. It sells for over a $100 new.

Darren

I recently purchuased a 7790 that doesnt have the rear lift I have all the parts to put one on except fpr the rear lift cable can any one help me out with a part number of the cable and where to get it

maxwood

Hello , On the main website, Under DIY there is a drawing of how to build a rear lift. I made my own cable with a garage door opener cable. I think it is 42 inches center to center.

Thanks

Ken in Mi