Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Purdy Girl (She lives! 9.30.12)

Talntedmrgreen

Now that I have your attention....I'm wrapping this long overdue restoration up today. Still need to get a pair of lights refinished, but they are packed away in storage while we move.

This is the Squire 9 I picked up off of Mr Perry Spring of '11. I had VanSickle color match the paint, with some added metal flake. I'm thrilled with the finish. VERY durable, with a nice shine (dried enough to handle in probably 4 hours with hardener). I was thinking a quickie resto on it, but ended up into it deeper than my Big Ten.

20120923_135431_zps351f9234.jpg

20120923_135445_zps087bb483.jpg

20120923_135402_zps21816bb4.jpg

20120923_135417_zpsce57df7a.jpg

20120923_135553_zps85a09bd8.jpg

20120923_140943_zps4e69b13e.jpg

Bronze suits Maynard's old Carryall, don't you think?

20120923_141016_zpsa8f1f56d.jpg

I just slapped the rest of it together today, and will fire her up and tinker tomorrow, if time allows. I just needed it rolling as we're getting ready to move out in the next couple weeks.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Talntedmrgreen

• GLPointon

• maxwood

• scootinscott

Thanks guys...I really enjoy working on them, but where I we're living now, and with all that's going on, it can become a real pain to get work done. I have more plans, but they'll be on hold for a while. This little guy is on deck:

IMAG0420.jpg

quote:Originally posted by rokon2813

Very nice, I see one of those "extra" decals finally found a home. ;)

id="quote">
id="quote">I knew exactly where it would go, from day 1! ^ Thanks Dan!

quote:Originally posted by broad728moor

All I can say is WOW!! Great work! Where you moving? Hopefully closer to me so I can come see this thing in person. 8DdOd

id="quote">
id="quote">We're moving about 15 minutes up the road...I mapquested it, and I'll be 1 whole minute farther from St John's! I tried hard for that B-1 that was up your way, but it was just too much $$$.

quote:Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen

Now that I have your attention...Bronze suits Maynard's old Carryall, don't you think?

id="quote">
id="quote">Cool restore Josh. I think Maynard would be proud too.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Darl Swartz
    • Bill725
    • BLT
    • Tarheel
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts