Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
SimplicitySwede

Sickle mower question

SimplicitySwede

I got a 46 inch sickle mower model number 990210. I need new half bushings on the part that attaches to the sickle and moves it. The part number for them is 101041 and 101042. Does anyone know if these parts are NLA or not?

cschmidt62

I made mine from parts purchased from McMaster Carr, I took a chance and used female ball joint ends and 3/8-24 threaded rod. I was afraid the threaded rod would not hold up but I have used it all summer and it's still going strong. By using the threaded rod a machined center link is not required. Less than $25 in parts

93839A815 - 3/8-24 Thin Jam Nut

4444T211 - Female Steel Ball Joint End (With Grease Fittings)

98957A805 - 3/8-24 threaded rod

I use my sickle bar to mow my side ditch which is at least a 45 degree angle, and my linkage is holding up well.

Chris727

Swede, In your other post you stated you ordered them. Did they backorder them or cancel them off your order? The 101041's are NLA but you can use two of the 2101042 bearings instead of one each. The only difference is the current one has a hole for lubrication.

Simplicity

PN# 2101042

More Info BUSHING 0.845SPHERICA PN#: 101042

has been superceded

to PN# 2101042

Our Price: $5.50

SimplicitySwede
quote:Originally posted by Chris727

Swede, In your other post you stated you ordered them. Did they backorder them or cancel them off your order? The 101041's are NLA but you can use two of the 2101042 bearings instead of one each. The only difference is the current one has a hole for lubrication. SimplicityPN# 2101042 More Info BUSHING 0.845SPHERICA PN#: 101042 has been supercededto PN# 2101042 Our Price: $5.50

id="quote">
id="quote">I tried ordering them from the place I get parts. Then they all of a sudden never called back to tell me they came in. I asked about them and the lady said she couldnt get them and never bothered to call me and tell me. She gave me that same part number but she cant get them. I also got parts from Killer A-C but they turned out to be wrong. Anyone got a suggestion. I really dont wanna upgrade to the newer bar if I can find parts

Talntedmrgreen

Uh oh...I bought some off him too, but mine aren't here yet. I'll ahve to look at my mower to see which ones I actually need! I've had the parts joints leave me hangin like that before...last transaction with me. ;)

Big_Al

Swede, I got two #2101106 ROD END .500ID BRG.5 (They look like bronze) from Jacks Small Engines $47.65 each.

And one #35397702 1/2 X 1/2-20 RH ROD END ALSTEEL MALE MFG CM8 from MSC Industrial Supply Co. $11.40

They all include bearings and fit my Mfr's. No.346 SICKLE-BAR.

SimplicitySwede
quote:Originally posted by Big_Al

Swede, I got two #2101106 ROD END .500ID BRG.5 (They look like bronze) from Jacks Small Engines $47.65 each.And one #35397702 1/2 X 1/2-20 RH ROD END ALSTEEL MALE MFG CM8 from MSC Industrial Supply Co. $11.40 They all include bearings and fit my Mfr's. No.346 SICKLE-BAR.

id="quote">
id="quote">346 is that for an RBT? Mine is a 210.