Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
jackmcl123

id allis chalmers

jackmcl123

i have just become the owner of an allis chalmers lawn tractor it has 16hp kohler engine in it inside the hood on a label it claims to be a b&s engine and the model no. is b-207.serial no. 171701. i think it could be 716h.could anyone explain what you think the model is.i have taken the engine out and id it. thanks

BLT
quote:Originally posted by jackmcl123

i have just become the owner of an allis chalmers lawn tractor it has 16hp kohler engine in it inside the hood on a label it claims to be a b&s engine and the model no. is b-270.serial no. 171701. i think it could be 716h.could anyone explain what you think the model is.i have taken the engine out and id it. thanks

id="quote">
id="quote">I think you have a B 207 mower and 171701 is a Briggs 17CID vertical shaft engine rated at 7 HP . It might not hurt to post a picture or two so we can get you on the correct path.

MysTiK

Welcome, Jack,

To post a pix you need to:

- resize it to less than 100 Kb - often a resolution like 640x480 or 512x384, with a reduced quality setting at maybe 80% when saving it.

- use a filename that's all one word, with no spaces.

such as =WhatIsMyTraxtor-1.jpg

or omg-IThotThis_Wud_Be_EASY_999.jpg

or AC-1.JPG

or Resize-1.jpg

There's instructions here also.

Chris727

That is the B-207 spec sticker from under the B-207 flip up hood. Someone must have had an extra laying around and stuck it on your tractor at some point. The hood looks like a 300/400 Series hood and of those models only the 416 came with the K341 from new. Neither decal is supposed to be under your hood. The other black "safety" decal should be near the frame tunnel.

timflury

Have no fear Jack,

We're here to help and steer you in the right direction.

A 16hp Hydro tractor is a VERY capable machine.

Feel free to add more pics, either here, or in the Show and Tell forum.:D:D

Chris727

Tractor is not a hydro. Appears to be a 416-S shuttle. There are decals from three or four different models on your tractor and most are not correct. The hood decals are from a 900-series. The ID tag would have been on the side of the frame tunel above the left hand foot rest and it is gone or painted over.

jackmcl123

would it be 716

quote:Originally posted by Chris727

Tractor is not a hydro. Appears to be a 416-S shuttle. There are decals from three or four different models on your tractor and most are not correct. The hood decals are from a 900-series. The ID tag would have been on the side of the frame tunel above the left hand foot rest and it is gone or painted over.

id="quote">
id="quote">

JimDk

Jack,Welcome to the SimpletrACtors madness. Here is a picture of a twin to your tractor. I just got it and have been tinkering some on it. I think it is a comfortable, powerful tractor. It is my first 400 series. Tim is correct about having your work cut out for you. You may want to find another hood if you decide to repair and use the Allis.

Rightsiders.jpg

Rightsiders.jpg.c25d5207d9854b284482f1575cd9547a.jpg

MysTiK

You can get a manual for an

AC 416 Shuttle

MFR # = 1600260

HERE:

http://www.simplicitymfg.com/manuals/

Just plug in the MFR# 1600260

MFR is "Manufacturer's Number" - (aka the Model Number)

If you are also interested in 700-series, such as the 716,

you can also get manual for that

by plugging in the MFR number 1690211.

MysTiK

The 16 hp Kohler K341 engine is a very desirable engine, especially if it is running. People will pay good money for them even if they are not running.

You can get various manuals from Kohler's Website for all kinds of stuff. Kohler site is very helpful. Lots of manuals for free.

You can also use the SEARCH function on this website for articles posted on all kinds of tractors.

And, as mentioned, you can ask all kinds of questions here in Talking Tractors forum (or others) - the knowledge base here is pretty amazing.

Since you are a paid Club Member, you can access ALL AREAS of this forum. No limitations.

MysTiK

That's a great collection of toys - gitter runnin so you can play. :D

I think I'd just hammer the old hood into rough shape while you are getting a new one. Do the headlights work? That's the sign of a well maintained tractor. sm01

Do you know wha' happen'd to the old hoody?

TommyK

Barn, eh? I was thinking someone forgot to chain it to the trailer during transport.

You may have gotten a 'steal'. Folks will heavily discount rolling stock for cosmetic reasons, even though they work perfectly.