Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity Puller (FINAL PICS 7-16-13)

Homesteader

Looks really nice, let us know how it pulls.

As for the pictures pushing to the right, Kent is correct. The text that you see to the left of the picture can be deleted from the link. I use photo bucket also and have to delete the URL tag every time after I paste it in the message box.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Homesteader

• Brettw

• MikeES

• fishnwiz

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here are the last pics. Seat pan and seat mounted. Thanks to everyone for their comments!

finalpuller_zpsa96f2291.jpg

finalpuller2_zpsf0c077f3.jpg

finalpuller3_zps54ecaf85.jpg

Yep, its required for pulling in my class. In the pulling community its known as the "dead mans throttle" so if we are to fall off or become incapacitated the engine doesnt get stuck wide open with no one controlling it. And it actually worked out perfect that the original throtlle lever on the tractor now operates the choke.

Looks Great! And free stuff realy helps out. Hope you put a Heavy clamp around right rear axle tube next to outer differeial. As the key ways are the weak link. Make sure they are Tight!!! No movement.

Not to urinate in your sandbox, but I think you better take a look at the drag link between the steering gear and the LH spindle. The draglink will contact and bind on the brace you added on the LH side of the frame when the front axle articulates up on the LH side. This will jam the draglink against your new backet and prevent you from steering. You created clearance in the straight ahead and level position, but did not account for the axle articulation. The original frame had a rusty scuff mark from the ball joint lightly contacting the frame under full articulation.

quote:Originally posted by stevenj

Not to urinate in your sandbox, but I think you better take a look at the drag link between the steering gear and the LH spindle. The draglink will contact and bind on the brace you added on the LH side of the frame when the front axle articulates up on the LH side. This will jam the draglink against your new backet and prevent you from steering. You created clearance in the straight ahead and level position, but did not account for the axle articulation. The original frame had a rusty scuff mark from the ball joint lightly contacting the frame under full articulation.

id="quote">
id="quote">I actually planned and designed for that. The front axle is locked and does not pivot. The only time I will use the tractor will be going straight down a flat track so there is no need for it to pivot.

quote:I actually planned and designed for that. The front axle is locked and does not pivot. The only time I will use the tractor will be going straight down a flat track so there is no need for it to pivot.id="quote">
id="quote">

Not to mention, if you're set up right, the front tires should barely be touching the ground anyway!:D

Originally posted by Brettw
quote:
id="quote">Bingo. But I'm not going to pull with it yet. I am showing it as my 4h project in august and I don't want it to be scratched up. So it'll be after that before it sees action.

Aaron; you are going to put the cooling shrouds back on before you run it aren't you?....Dave

I made a custom shroud that wraps around the top of the flywheel and has a back to it so it still pushes a good amount of air forward towards the cylinders. I think I will be able to get away with this. otherwise i will have to hack and wack the shrouds to get them to fit in the frame.