Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

pully removel

451johnny

i have a 67 simplicity landlord 2010....if you are sitting on the tractor just below the seat on the right hand side there are three pulleys and the one closes to the front of the tractor (is on a treaded shaft ).. my question is do i unscrew the pulley to remove it..??..( wrong pully and has to be replaced ) or is there a key that has to be removed before you pull it out..??... cause there is a slot in the pulley..??

Since you say its the wrong pulley, I can't be sure but you should have to take the nut off and still find a set screw somewhere in the pulley.

I think you are referring to the slip pulley, which has a hex nut fastening to the shaft and is a three piece cast pulley. If I can remember (a senior thingie) it takes either a 1-1/8 or 1-1/4" socket. Again, relying on the remaining two brain cells, the shaft does have a keyway, and is stepped to backup the inner portion.

Wayne id="Book Antiqua">

quote:Again, relying on the remaining two brain cells,id="quote">
id="quote">

Wow, Wayne. You have two left. You're a lucky guy. Got me by 100%.:D

quote:Originally posted by osenga

Yep this is the same pulley Perry has pictured that I sent you pictures of a few weeks ago. And I have not ever seen one that screws onto the BGB

id="quote">
id="quote">Here is a photo of one getting ready to be removed from my '68 LL. The hex nut (E) that holds the outer sheave can be seen, the drive belt is moved out of the way, and the pull starting cup is removed.

Dscn0424.jpg

This is from the IPL...

slip clutch IPB.jpg

The inner sheave (AW) is shown to have a set screw and a key (AN and AL). If the set screw becomes loose, the key will tear the "dickins" out of the BGB shaft (the WHY I had to "borrow" the BGB shaft from the BIG TEN).

Dscn0424.jpg.76c1a8302e035084e1d81c7d99bc771c.jpg

57e05d4169ae9_slipclutchIPB.jpg.500ed7746cb0fa5484db0c59fbd7f838.jpg

• 5 weeks later...