Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

ready for snow?

TimJr

quote:Brett, how do you put gas in that 7119 with the cab on?id="quote">
id="quote">

Gas cap is actually accessible from the inside, no issues, other than when you pull the cap, with the gauge setup and float, I can barely get it to clear the underside of where the top and front face are joined.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brettw

• MikeES

• huffy

• timflury

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

quote:Originally posted by Brettw

Thanks, Greg. I believe the cab is originally from a Powermax, as I have seen a few pics with the same cab on one. Believe it or not, a radio would not be useful. It's loud as all get out inside that thing. Like being inside a drum!

id="quote">
id="quote">Brett talk to these guys and see if they can help you shoot the drummer . They might even have some scrap pieces for you to work with. http://www.milcut.com/Materials.htm

You might want to look into buying some dynamat that is used when installing high powered stereos into cars. It keeps the panels from vibration and also insulates for outside sounds. It is not real cheap though.

quote:You might want to look into buying some dynamat that is used when installing high powered stereos into cars. It keeps the panels from vibration and also insulates for outside sounds. It is not real cheap though.id="quote">
id="quote">

Thanks, Rod, and BLT. But the "ear muffs" headphones will be just fine. Even doing the half the neigborhood, I am only out there for a few hours at absolute best, so the muffs are just fine.

Reed,

After this past weekend I am closer to being ready. I put away the Legacy's bagger and mowing deck, my Dutch grader blade, my Johnny Bucket, re-arrange my carport to get out my walk behind blower, got the walk behind blower started, and re-arranged my gas supply.

But in the end my 7118 is still lacking it's plow and chains. Somehow that did not make the list of chores this past weekend. The lack of plow and chains was the purpose of this weekend's chores too.

So I am still pressing my luck. So can you keep the snow down by you and not send it north to me quite yet. I would really appreciate that.

thanks

Rick..........

I have been using noise-canceling headphones for years while mowing, plowing, etc. Some were very inexpensive ($10.00 at Ollies) and some were very expensive. I've found a happy medium that works well and the cost is not prohibitive. Rocketfish RF NCHP01, available for about 30 bucks. Turn them on and about 70 to 80% of the racket disappears. You can feed them from an MP3 player, or a portable radio also. When the music is on, you can just barely hear enough of the tractor to stay out of trouble. They have a mute switch so you can turn them off for a moment to check or listen. They require no batteries and charge from your USB port. Oh, and they are very comfortable too!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rocketfish-RF-NCHP01-Atoms-Noise-Canceling-Over-the-Ear-Headphones-/271052241983?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item3f1bf8fc3f

Rick I'm not sure if that's possible but seein that it's near 50 this afternoon I think you'll be ok to catch up the rest of us. Since my last post I've gotten the 3012 ready to plow and the 2110 is ready for blowing duty. I just need to make a spot for the 3112/loader so there is still room to fit a car in there too. Mostly it means that all my scrap metal must go!yell}:):YC

There was a little dusting here in maine a few days ago, but not enough to do anything with the tractor but drifting with my truck.LOL Anyways I just finished getting the b112 ready for snow.

65 deg. here in Western PA. Here is the nice 64 LL that I got from JimH, fresh from a bath and a 9 month rest in my barn. Note the thermometer on my garage. Near record for Dec. 4th. It may be a while before I get to enjoy this cab.

BathDay..jpg

BathDay..jpg.117de82a6093e6469e639701af02ba25.jpg

About 50 here in northern MI today. I know everyone else is anxious for snow so that they can get some seat time, but I'm actually glad that it's holding off. I've got too many non-tractor projects that I'm rushing to get finished up, and this semi-warm weather is sure making that easier.

I really like that LL, Jim.

quote:Originally posted by huffy

I've got too many non-tractor projects that I'm rushing to get finished up, and this semi-warm weather is sure making that easier.

id="quote">
id="quote">Yup! Christmas lights...did them yesterday, and haven't done so in at least 5 years. Gotta get in the celebratory mood, ya know? :J I use the big bulbs...they look pretty cool covered in snow.You know Chris, all this is doing is keeping Lake Michigan warm. Just means more lake effect when it does cool down sm00 That water is almost as warm as the air right now.

quote:Originally posted by JimDk

It may be a while before I get to enjoy this cab.

id="quote">
id="quote">That's one sharp looking rig there Jim!! I'm enjoying simply looking at the cab, and winter cover over the carb, too. dOddOdAll my winter stuff is now in the garage. My POS MTD 5hp 2 stroke paddle snowblower actually started on the first pull after sitting all summer. I swear I can't kill that thing.sm06sm06

Thanks all. Jim Hanna(JimH) gets the credit for the cosmetics, I only added a set of rings. It has hyd. lift and those great tire chains. Jim decided to sell it as he now goes to Florida every winter.

I was looking for a cab to buy, and got a bonus of a nice tractor.

Also, got to spend an enjoyable afternoon in Rochester, NY with Jim and his wife. It was great to meet and talk tractors with Jim and a couple of his local tractor buddies.

quote:You know Chris, all this is doing is keeping Lake Michigan warm. Just means more lake effect when it does cool down sm00id="quote">
id="quote">

That's what I thought last year, but we had surprisingly little snow compared to normal. Except, that is, for that one huge storm we got right at the end of winter. That's actually one of the projects that I'm behind on is getting my new backup generator system installed in case I'm without power for a week or so again this year.

3414S w/42' blower is mounted and ready for the last 5 weeks. Modifications have been made since last season since last season. Mounted an electric winch to raise and lower the blower and also a power window motor to rotate the chute. Worked on this at the end of last winter so have not used in actual snow as yet, only sunshine. Everything checks out perfectly. Wife will not have any excuse now not to blow snow. No handles to pull or turn. Suppose now the wife will want the deflector motorized also. I guess I would. (She doesn't visit this site.)

FINALLY I'm ready!!!

Pulled out the shovels, roof rake, salt "pucks" for the gutters, (I get ice dams) and the 27" blower for my Serf. Got everything all mounted up and weighted down and placed strategically around the house for easy use!!

Bring it on!!

Reminder,

Buy a paddle rubber kit for the POS MTD two stroke 21 incher.dOddOd

DSCF2049.JPG

I am ready. I don`t plan to put the cab on this year. Spent an hour doing so last year and it never snowed enough to use the tractor. I think I will wait it out.

DSCF2049.JPG.fa46190a8c8b5db6fda752cdd5f94d2f.JPG

In the middle of a blizzard here. Started early this morning and doesn't show signs of lettin' up. It's a blistering 33 degrees here, and I think I have accumulations up to 1/16" in the really deep parts. Would love to keep chatting, but I need to go out and make sure the ol' 7118 is up to dealing with this extreme weather event.......