Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

6216 snow cab brackets question

gjh

I found a orig Simplicity soft sided with hard top snow cab.

Have not gone to see it; but seller says it is missing the brackets that attach it to the tractor. All other hardware is included.

Can anyone tell me what the brackets look like & if it would be tough to fab some?

I'm planning on going tomorrow, about 1-1/2 hour dive each way, so don;t want to waste my time.

BTW he is asking $200, and says it is in excellent condition.

Thanks!

I have the same tractor only it is an AC T16 with the soft cab mounted. The brackets that bolt to the end of the framework on the cab and connect to the tractor are made of about 1/2 inch tube with the ends flatted and bent over to bolt onto the running boards and also on the back behind the seat. If you buy it I could try to post picture if that would help. I paid $200.00 for my tractor with the blower,deck and soft cab last January, but we never had enough snow last winter to use it but I did mow with it this summer.

Good luck

Earl

that sounds easy enough.

I actually only paid $50 for my machine 10 years ago! It was a 7-8 outta 10, since added plow, & blower.

I need a cab badly and even at 4X the cost of the tractor one bad winter would be worth it.

A pic would be great.

Thanks.

The cabs are hard to find, I only bought this tractor because it had the cab, I already had a 917 allis with a blower but the T16 is in much better condition. I'll see if I can get some pictures tomorrow.

Earl

Can you post the pdf in the files section please?

I would like to look at constructing something for my Landlord 2010 and I think that would be helpful.

Thanks

Bob R

• 2 months later...

I was able to get my cab installed using some conduit, including some pre bent 90's for the mount on the seat pan.

I'll try & get some pics.

My question is how do you access under the seat with the cab on? Even tipping up the hood is tough.

I end up pulling the rear vertical conduit out of the 90 deg piece and lifting the top up by had, flipping the seat back an resting the rear braces on the seat, not easy.

I had to fab the entire rear supports, so maybe the original alows it to pivot?

Any help would be great.

BTW the cab really came in handy this weekend with 30+" of snow and a wind chill of 5 below!

No pics in the snow ??

I REALLY hope thats a misprint and you got 30 plus inches, not 30 plus feet :D:D:D

On second thought, I really wanna see a Simplicity handle 30 feet of snow :o:O:O

I put an extra wire on the postive post on the battery and ran it out under the seat with a wire nut on the end so that I could charge the battery without raising the seat because of that problem.

Mac

I too added an extra battery cable into the rear weight box on my 6216 to charge the battery if needed. This year added a wire block to each lead, so have any easy way to add lights, blower chute turner, and fan. Lots of room in there and screw connections are quick. Interesting that my 5212.5 will hold a large automotive battery and the 6216 only a smaller one.