Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

"New" tractor getter

rpickle

?? How are you going to get a tractor in the box with a hard tonneau cover on it? LOL. Nice truck; what engine/transmission combo does it have? B10Dave

No, it has the I4 w/a 5sp. Not a bruiser by any means, but still will pull what my van did, but with a little more manliness!!

Only has 37k miles.

Got that right.... Youngest son just finished his soccer "career". His

HS team made to district quarterfinals, before loosing. My next round of soccer watchin will be the grandkids. That is ways off, I hope:)

• 3 weeks later...

aww geee - that's not fair. B)

but I think I get it now. It's an "Inline BM", right? sm00 sm00 fish

doh. :D

still a nice truck.

when did ibm start making trucks. I'm not surprised after seeing some of the pc's they marketed. fish

Very nice.

I often wish I had a 4 cyl. Maybe once or twice a year do I pull something heavy enough that I really "need" the 8 cyl. The rest of the time, about all it's good for is guzzling gas, getting me speeding tickets, and appeasing the bit of Tim Taylor syndrome that I have.

Drove out to Zanesville and traded for a little Huffy Ranchero. Checked my MPG when I got back and was happy to see it worked out to 24. Have gotten 19-22 in mixed driving, back -n-forth to work.

Mine's a gazz-guzz-lerr also. F150.

I discovered great improvements in gas mileage, esp. on highway tours, if I drive at slightly less then speed limit - basically reduced wind resistance - but also feathering the gas rather than stomping on it. You can also drop the gas pedal on down hills. All the traffic will pass you as you puttz along in the right hand lane. I was actually surprised to discover that many others were content to follow me, in a row at the reduced speed.

But the majority are in a big hurry to save a little time - and it isn't much difference.

This is also low-stress driving; as opposed to insane tail-gaiting, etc. Basically, I cruise with the semi-trucks. And just watch the circus in the left hand land. This has a big impact on mileage. It's also safer for avoiding dangerous situations. Let the nascar drivers do their thing. There's another group to run with.