Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Walk behind dump cart.

B10Dave

dOdBought this off SW Mich. Craigs. Owner lived very close to Josh [Talntedmrgreen] who picked it up for me. Went to see Josh yesterday for a visit and to pick up the cart. Factory literature calls it a heavy duty sulky. If you remove box and axle/wheels you can fit a lawn roller in their place. I have a small Wonderboy roller for a pattern to make one for this app. These carts must be fairly rare as this is the only one I have seen in the flesh. Thanks again for your help Josh.

today13.jpg

today6.jpg

today8.jpg

today10.jpg

today12.jpg

today15.jpg

today13.jpg.61bf91e5a186492f173cf86a2e95aafd.jpg

today6.jpg.9acba44ea48377e9f6603e63309e07ea.jpg

today8.jpg.50e2de691a30e9f90e980f25641ae1d5.jpg

today10.jpg.5a26f76d4f3702d7449b396b7f515f1b.jpg

today12.jpg.4f16f86940bb8fe567c2e2f35f9b9602.jpg

today15.jpg.d160be1565eba22883da4cbb4d4f3ddc.jpg

had a great time chatting Dave, and I can't wait to see the new butt-buggy in show-shape! ;)

Feel free to drop in any time!!

Very nice cart! Didn't know there was such an animal out there. I just built a sulky for the wife to ride at the tractor shows, and now am fabricating a hitch to hook my dump cart to the sulky to carry chairs, cooler, etc. in and out of shows. That cart you have would have done the job nicely. Post pics when you get done with it, will look forward to seeing it!

Steve

Hey Dave, I should have thought of it while you were here, but I have a nice stack of original brochures. These are the pics you mention above that are in my '57 edition...

20121126_215742.jpg

20121126_215800.jpg

20121126_215751.jpg

I have one of those here had it for years. Made a few brackets out of coduit and old steel seats.The trailers work great on a hoped up walk behind. Have fun with it they work great at shows. Bob

Hello Dave,

Your cart appears to be missing the brake assembly as shown in the brochure photos.

The early walk behinds with solid axle and dog clutches on each hub tend to get sticky and will easily run away down hill.

Both the early, and later versions with the differential hub and tube axle can also pop out of gear and take off if the long spring on the shifter is not in place.

Be carefull sm01

Happy tractoring.

Your welcome Dave.

I have learned this information the hard way B)

I have the same cart as pictured with brakes, and can take and E-mail photos if needed.

Regards

• 3 weeks later...

Those are cool - there used to be guy back in the late 1990's that would bring a whole set up to the tractor shows around MI with a cart like that.

I always thought those were pretty neat. Would love to have one to go with my Walker...Even though I still haven't found the time to get it running:D

Dave that is awsome!! I can use a cart like that behind my sovy so my son can ride along and jump off to pick up sticks from the yard before mowing.

Nice piece of history dOd

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Tarheel
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts