Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sunstar Two Stage Blower

maxtorman1234

Hey, I was hoping someone might have some pictures of the two stage blower for the sunstar/deutz ultima. I'm modifying a berco unit to work on my Agco 1920 but would like to see how the factory set up is, specifically the hitch and PTo shaft hookup on the blower. I've searched and searched and haven't found any good pics of the hookup, if anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Graham

Note that the pix show 2 different Sunstar 2 stage snowblower models. As Levi observes, one of these has a gearbox and the other is a chain drive without reversing the rotation.

Thanks guys, that gives me some ideas and something to look at, I noticed there are 2 different blowers, I'm guessing one's probably older than the other? I have mine mounted and operational, the impeller will spin about 200 rpm slower than intended because of the application it's from, but I will see how it works, but it runs smooooooth with the "timing belt" drive berco is using now. Thanks for the help! I'll post some pictures at some point, maybe if we get snow!