Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

hood

jackmcl123

quote:Originally posted by gearhead19

That clown on E-bay wants $150.88 for shipping !!!

id="quote">
id="quote">Wow! Looks like he will have it for awhile for sure now. He has a hood on ebay for a 912H that looks like it was run over by a truck that he has a $100 on as well.

YOU DIDN`T HAVE TO yell!:D. From what I am told all upper case is consider yelling and frown upon, but I am not sure on that, anyway. No, Simplicity hoods will not fit it. it is a Allis Chalmers built by Allis Chalmers. Not to many people own them so a little waiting on response is reasonable. Simplicity never built any like it.

There were some links posted to some available. You can place an ad here in the classifieds and on Craigslist to find one. Happy hunting!

Jack,

I have one in New York that came off a 314 with grille, it has some rust on it but is in good shape. I am sure we can make some arrangements so you can get the hood. Interested let me know..

thanks

john

i have a picture on another topic id allis chalmers.

quote:Originally posted by BLT

Pictures of your old hood would also help. Maybe there is a outside chance that that the members here can offer some ideas.

id="quote">
id="quote">

I would fix that hood if it were mine. Pound the dents out with a hammer, and then smooth any bumps with bondo and you probably wouldn't be able to tell it had even been damaged. The hood on my 713S was in bad shape when I got it, but now you would have to look very close to tell it had ever been damaged at all. I wish I had taken a picture of it before I fixed it. Johnmonkey was going to throw it away, when I asked if I could have it.