Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Allis Chalmers 920

imn2vws

A guy I went to school with has an Allis 920 for sale. I have a couple questions for the experts. He said it hasn't ran in 4 years but did run then. Are these hard to find parts for and expensive once you find the parts? I haven't seen it yet, he wants $400 for it and says its in nice shape with a 48" deck. I figured for that kind of money it would be worth looking at.

They are a highly desirable machine, and often sell for much, much more (up to $2000?). From what I udnerstand, parts are the downside to them (and theya re on the loud side). You could have a real steal on your hands.

Extremely expensive parts. The price is a steal. Either way you wouldn`t loose at that price. Even if you parted out. Make sure the BGB and axle tube is in good condition.

The BGB is the box with pulley's on either side of it, under the seat, and in front of the transmission. Should have a belt on the RH side running to the tranny pump pulley. You should just run over there and buy it, then we can go from there (with pics, of course!)

For that price, if the extra engine is the same model, just get it. If you're willing to put the time into it, and I'm sure $$, you'll have a good machine

1400 hours isn`t much. It is a commercial engine. These have been know to run 5000 hours or so. I know of a kubota deisel with 10,000 hours on it in commercial use. My lombardini has around 800 - 900 hours. Clean the grass out of the jugs and report back. They will smoke a little blue until they get warmed up. Download the operators and parts manual. You will want to start at wide open throttle like the operators manual states.

Haven't picked it up yet. It's raining here and I have been sick. I am geting it today or tomorrow. I will get pics up as soon as I get it. I'll send you a pm with my email address.

Danny

Well any way. I fixed an obvious fuel leak between the cylinders. The line was totaly rotten away. I tried cranking it over and had fuel to the injector pump, but very little coming out of the injector pump. Are they expensive to have rebuilt or can I buy an o ring kit and do it myself?

GREAT PRICE on this tractor...GOOD JOB ON BUYING NOW ASK QUESTIONS LATER. You do NOT want to snooze and lose on a deal like that! Welcome to the club and do yourself a favor now and spend the little money required to join this site as a member! I am SURE that you will have a ton of questions that you will get answered but will require pics for the members to determine what it is you are asking about.

I have only been a member for 1 week myself and bought a very similar tractor (Diesel) and already have been helped out with manuals and parts list from a few members including the "Prez" of the web site (Thanks Ray!) that have MORE than paid for the 10 dollar joining fee. Best money I ever spent online. Again Welcome and can't wait to see the pics! Wiz

you can open your pic up in paint on your puter and click resize then click pixels and put 640 in horizontal box then save as and btw welcome to the club

I use the picture re-sizer below (PIXresizer). When I uploaded your pictures I noticed spaces in the picture name. You can not have that. It will not upload. Also the pictures were in the 650kb range. They will not upload at that size either. The site likes it to stay at 100kb or below. I always upload below 150kb. It may take two attempts to do so but they go through. I don`t think I have any special privileges on uploading picture sizes so if it doesn't work the first time try again.

Read Maynard's post above and you should not have any problems. If you do, then send them to me and I will take care of it for you. The best way is practice. Maynard's post above is how the site works.

http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm