Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
expediter

Snow

expediter

I have never seen a Simplicity(or any other) garden tractor with a "snow box" attachment.I wish that I would have thought of it before now.I am going to get a piece of 1/8" or 1/4" steel plate, and using the blade that's on my 7114 construct one.

rokon2813

Do you mean putting ends on the blade to keep the snow from rolling off?

I don't know about both ends, but some have done one end for the leading edge when the blade is angled.

I didn't look real hard in the old posts, but I did find Marty's "wing" plow. Toward the middle, there is one shot of his leading end cap.

http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=100660&SearchTerms=plow,end

Talntedmrgreen

I used the box portion of a Brinly box blade on my L10 loader a few times last year. Now that I'm thinking of it, I don't think I have any pics. Worked OK, and allowed me to plow/push with the FEL, but the 'box' wasn't real tall, not like a snow blade.

Sold the Brinly since grabbing an Earthcavator, but would like to use an el-cheapo Crapsman 42" blade I have in the scrap pile, to use on the FEL this year. Makes pushing piles up and over super efficient.

midnightpumpkin

Grandson, Johnny, built a pusher box for the FEL on the Powermax last winter. He used the frame for the forks to attach the box to the loader.It worked ok, but not great. If we had put chains on the tractor it would have made a big difference.

box1.JPG

box2.JPG

box3.JPG

Here's a couple of detail shots.

box.JPG

box4.JPG

box1.JPG.23e7c426258b30d838cc8eb5a8585ad9.JPG

box2.JPG.fe9e4f43d1bb06e87828a1be634cc829.JPG

box3.JPG.6924a2d1c21f056fd3bd11f9213475d6.JPG

box.JPG.560097e270e5f039ca4e200516055baa.JPG

box4.JPG.fd7e81e4bc6e5b1d7e24424996855f67.JPG