Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Help me ID these weights.

fishnwiz

I have two sets just like them. I'm not sure what brand they are. I suspect they could be early Gilson weights. Both were originally painted yellow like the Gilson-built montgomery ward tractors.

you got a great deal. those ebay prices are very creative - umm, kinda. Prices near me are all over the place - some people talk a dollar a pound. Some are $20-50I paid 65 for mine. Guy wanted 100. They're Bolens. 2x50 lbs. Pretty similar appearance. They just don't look like they weigh that much; until you pick'em up; or throw them on a scale. Surprise. What do yours weigh?Found this pix I forgot I had. They are very similar to yours.Rusty olde junk, eh. :DSame guy has the tractor for sale for I think $1500 - not sure, think it's an HT-20 repowered to 25ish - one huge tractor, makes my 716 look like a lil crapsman. 8)

BolensWweights2x50.jpg

BolensWweights2x50.jpg.183fe7e31e32bff3ee539fd21ffce906.jpg

I have a set that look similar that have MTD cast in them. They are rusty black.Also have a set of Bolens FMC weights that were white, now on the loader.

loader3.jpg

I hear what you are saying about they don't look like they weigh that much. These are 50 lbs each. Thanks for all of your help with I'D.

Wiz

I have 2 sets of 50# Bolens weights. I used bondo to fill in the "Bolens" casted name. And painted one set off white for the HB212 and other orange for the 917H.